“no complains!!!”

Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Port of Spain
Trinidad
“no complains!!!”
Reviewed May 5, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for our 1st anniversary, it was great! easy check -in and check-out. the staff at the front desk knew it was our anniversary and wished us happy anniversary upon entry. we booked a regular room but they upgraded us to a room with a jacuzzi....which of course was the highlight of the entire stay. the hotel is so close to movietown that was a plus for us we had a car however, we enjoyed just walking over. the breakfast was great and tasty with enough options. we checked out the gym and it is very up-to-date and clean. the pool is kind of small but was still fun with lots of space to sit around the pool. the ambiance is just great and perfect for relaxing. we really enjoyed this stay and the treatment by the staff was really great and appreciated!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank samsamskye

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
Reviewed March 24, 2011

This is my second trip to the Courtyard Marriott and had a comfortable & enjoyable stay. As always, the staff are friendly & accommodate in a professional manner.

The lobby had been refurbished since my last visit in 2009. Whilst I had reservations about this when we first arrived, the new lobby plan works well in being a place to talk business or, in our case, take a load off after a hard day on 'the road'!

The location of the Marriott might seem a little off the beaten track, but it's a better option than staying in downtown POD, just in terms of peace of mind, plus there's a Movietown next-door if you don't fancy traveling too far.

The other aspect that that has changed is the menu. The breakfast buffet has disappeard in favour of a select choice menu. Salted cod fish & plantain was my on my palette most mornings, but there's a great selection of fruit, cereal & other items for you to select.

The gym equipmentn has been updated, where free weights are now available as well as the running machines with ipod inputs & the option to view various cable channels whilst you work out.

My only issue is with the taxi service provided at the hotel, which in some cases were unreliable, especially when a pick up service had been arranged. This is a service that needs improvment.

Other than that, I guess i'll be back here in 2011 & beyond!

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank JermaineVL
Ajax, Canada
Reviewed March 21, 2011

Thank you to the staff of the Courtyard Marriott for the tremendous service during my stay for Carnival 2011. This was my very first time visiting Trinidad for Carnival and my time spent at the Courtyard much enhanced my experience. The hotel staff were so welcoming, friendly and eager to assist. The hotel is located cantrally and was within minutes from most of the fetes. Our great experience started with Seema, our booking agent who gave us all the information we needed prior to getting there. Once we were there, the front staff of Colin, Camille, Gina, April and others made us feel at home providing us with maps and directions and greeting us whenever we got back from every fete. A big thank you to Shereda our room helper who learned quickly of our party schedule and had the room fresh and clean whenever we returned. She also took the time to leave us a personal note wishing us a very enjoyable stay, much appreciated Shereda.
I must say that Carnival is just as it is advertised, "The greatest show on earth." However my time in Trinidad would not be complete without the experience I had at the Marriott. I enjoyed every minute of my time in Trinidad and I plan to be there in future years. No visit to Trinidad for Carnival or otherwise will be complete without a visit to the Courtyard.
I would encourage anyone who is planning a trip to Trinidad to place the Courtyard Marriott at the top of their list.

Warren and Jillian Danford
Toronto

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 18, 2011

Great service by the front desk and cleaning staff. Very courteous. Hotel is very clean and close to all the fetes. Its directly across the stadium where the Soca Monarch is held. Mall is right beside it. The hotel was a little expensive, but it was Carnival time!! I would definetly stay there again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jkerr23
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 16, 2011

I have being staying at the Marriott Hotel for over seven years now and the service is always top. The staff is always professional, polite and courteous, always on call to help you with any issues you might have. The rooms are well sized and are always kept clean and fresh. I loved the new layout of the lobby area, bar, breakfast areas and the ability to have access to small private spaces around the perimeter for intimate meetings. The hotel is excellently located, being across the road from a new stadium and next to shops and malls. The gym facilities was clean and accessible at all times. The multiple work out machine was removed which I believe should be reinstated due to the enhanced flexible work outs it provided.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
St. George's, Grenada
Reviewed March 15, 2011

i intended to stay at another hotel and only passed through to see the hotel and was convinced by one of the front desk personnel. with the exception of a breakfast problem, I had an enjoyable evening, night and morning in POS. friends over that afternoon had an enjoyable time as the lobby / bar / lounge area all feel very customer friendly

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 11, 2011

I've written a review a few years ago.....so i thought to so an update!

Having been going to the carnival for several years now (i'm a veteran).....I have always stayed at the Courtyard Marriott.
What always pleases me is my stay at the marriott keeps on getting better. This year round they have decided to refurbish the lobby area! Having initially browsed it online...i must admit I was a little nervous about what I saw as I really liked the old layout & i'm a sucker for change sometimes! But I've gotta say that the pictures do no justice to what i actually saw in the flesh! it was totally refreshed,welcoming & interactive while keeping the comfort i've been used to all these years! The room has not yet been refurbed, but this didn't matter as they are still very comfortable, offering free wi-fi internet as well is wired internet with other creature comforts that helps while staying there. Even if you want to step out for a little western comfort...the hotel is situated in a complex that have all the things us westeners are used to...cinema/bars/restaurants & a load of shops to buy things from. I spent much of my time eating at the their restaurant...something that i haven't done before & boy is the variety good! I particularly fell in love with their salt fish & scrambled eggs & plantain for breakfast! As per usual, the staff were great...often going out of their way to help us, even in matters that didn't really concern them....this making the stay very warm!
Personally......whenever I'm in Trinidad....carnival or not, i will be staying at the courtyard marriott!
I would highly recommend this to anyone who was in the area.
At this point i would like to give a big thanks to the whole entire staff at courtyard for their friendliness hard work for making a great stay for us!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends