“impressed”

Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Port of Spain
St. George's, Grenada
“impressed”
Reviewed March 15, 2011

i intended to stay at another hotel and only passed through to see the hotel and was convinced by one of the front desk personnel. with the exception of a breakfast problem, I had an enjoyable evening, night and morning in POS. friends over that afternoon had an enjoyable time as the lobby / bar / lounge area all feel very customer friendly

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 11, 2011

I've written a review a few years ago.....so i thought to so an update!

Having been going to the carnival for several years now (i'm a veteran).....I have always stayed at the Courtyard Marriott.
What always pleases me is my stay at the marriott keeps on getting better. This year round they have decided to refurbish the lobby area! Having initially browsed it online...i must admit I was a little nervous about what I saw as I really liked the old layout & i'm a sucker for change sometimes! But I've gotta say that the pictures do no justice to what i actually saw in the flesh! it was totally refreshed,welcoming & interactive while keeping the comfort i've been used to all these years! The room has not yet been refurbed, but this didn't matter as they are still very comfortable, offering free wi-fi internet as well is wired internet with other creature comforts that helps while staying there. Even if you want to step out for a little western comfort...the hotel is situated in a complex that have all the things us westeners are used to...cinema/bars/restaurants & a load of shops to buy things from. I spent much of my time eating at the their restaurant...something that i haven't done before & boy is the variety good! I particularly fell in love with their salt fish & scrambled eggs & plantain for breakfast! As per usual, the staff were great...often going out of their way to help us, even in matters that didn't really concern them....this making the stay very warm!
Personally......whenever I'm in Trinidad....carnival or not, i will be staying at the courtyard marriott!
I would highly recommend this to anyone who was in the area.
At this point i would like to give a big thanks to the whole entire staff at courtyard for their friendliness hard work for making a great stay for us!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank chriskargbo
St. George's, Grenada
Reviewed March 11, 2011

The Hotel is perfectly located next to Movie Towne (shopping restaurants etc.). The rooms are beautiful and the staff including the front desk, housekeeping and restaurant are second to none! It is, and will remain my home away from home when I am in Trinidad.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Lanham, Maryland
Reviewed March 11, 2011

Our stay at this hotel was wonderful. This was an all girl trip to Trinidad for our first carnival experience and it was great from beginning to end! The reservation agent, Seema, was very helpful and kind from the early booking stage right down to the end of our stay. Not to mention, all of the staff were very friendly and accomodating. I would definitely stay at this hotel again and would recommend anyone in doing so!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Savannah, Ga.
Reviewed February 27, 2011

At first we were disappointed by the location, which is a US$30 cab trip from the airport and past the downtown of Port of Spain. When we found out that Port of Spain downtown area was unsafe at night, we were much happier to be at Marriott which is located next to a retail/movie theater/night club/restaurant development called Movietown. It was safe and much used by the locales. Good restaurants at Woodford Square which had out door music and Bombay Duck for East Indian cuisine. The staff was the best in any Courtyard I have ever stayed in. The rooms were clean and bedding appeared new. The only problem was the loud music that actually shook my bed one Sat. night in pre-Carnival show across the street in the sports stadium. However, staff quickly moved us to other side of hotel where we had great night's sleep.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed February 14, 2011

On my first visit to Port of Spain, colleagues working in the city recommended the Courtyard Marriott. I wouldn't normally stay at a cookie cutter designed hotel. I didn't want to stay there. It's not my style.

Having now stayed there, I happily go back.

Above all, the staff was wonderful. Everybody seemed genuinely happy to see me and, when I needed someting, to help me. And that level of attention was also evident in the hotel's maintenance and housekeeping.

The room was a good size and clean. The bed was comfortable and the internet connection was reliable.

The restaurant was good enough and the walkable distance to the nearby Movietown Mall provided a number of fast food and restaurant choices.

If I had one complaint, it's a pretty small one. As a regular business traveller, I like to send a few post cards to my family and friends. I've done it for years. It would be convenient if the hotel actually sold them. They sell stamps.

But that is a small annoyance in what really is a well run hotel with excellent staff.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Stavanger, Norway
Reviewed January 15, 2011

We spent a week at the Courtyard with our two young boys whilst scouting out a possible move to Trinidad in the Summer. The hotel is clean, comfortable with great staff and a pool perfect for the kids. The location of the hotel next to the Movietowne centre was perfect for our evenings with plenty of restaurants and shops to choose from and the cinema of course, all within a safe walk from the lobby! If we'd stayed anywhere else in Port of Spain we would have needed to shuttle around with taxis in the evenings.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business