“Great ambience, decent service, pricey”
Review of Aioli

Aioli
Ranked #3 of 172 Restaurants in Port of Spain
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Helmed by Executive Chef Johnny Aboud, Aioli offers a Mediterranean inspired-menu for lunch, tapas and dinner in a beautiful, inviting setting. Chef Aboud trained at the Ecole Gregoire Ferrandi in Paris, the Lincoln Culinary Institute and the Florida Culinary Institute. With his team, he strives to bring out the best in carefully chosen ingredients, turning the cacophony into a wonderful symphony of flavor. We invite you to come taste the daring efforts of this young chef as he makes his mark in Trinidad & Tobago!
Reviewed August 10, 2014

I visited this restaurant with some overseas friends. Great ambiance! Service was ok. Food was pricey. Drinks were good.

1  Thank mlt1964mba

Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

I had dinner here with some friends, nice ambience and great service.I had pasta, the food was okay, dessert was better , overall it was okay.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

I took my wife here for our anniversary and was blown away by how great the food was. Normally its the ambiance and service provided by a restaurant that stays with you, but Aioli's cuisine has left me salivating and anticipating my next visit. I had the Pasta di Funghi (Pasta with wild mushrooms) which was as good as anything you can find in Tuscany and Florence. My wife had the truffle lobster pasta, and tho I like my lobster whole, I loved it and regretted I didnt order it for myself.

I can tell you about the staff and the environment, but it would not matter. The food is so good all else would be excused. Thankfully the restaurant excels in service and presentation.

Do yourself a favor and try their napoleon for dessert. Though it is thinner than most mille fleur dishes, it is one of the best desserts I've ever had.

9/10, only because perfection does not exist

3  Thank Yohan R
Reviewed August 3, 2014

By far the best 5 star dining in Trinidad , service and staff is unbelievable , well trained on everything on the menue and behind the bar . They make you feel very comfortable and relaxed in style . The food has blown us away every time , cooked to perfection without a doubt. My advice is to try everything that is on the menue each time you go, you will not be disappointed .

Reviewed August 2, 2014

What can I say. Aioli is not my type of Restaurant but it is really really well done. The space itself is far too busy and too noisy (we were there on a 70% full night) for a business dinner. As a bistro, which the waiter called it, it is great.

The food is very creative and there is a very good young chef who came to the table. The entrees were quite good but could not touch the dessert. The steak was good but the blue cheese base was overpowering. my colleague had the pork belly dish that he said was tasty. The service was decent and the frequent follow ups, though much, were keeping with Trinidad service.

The Napoleon dessert is a must, as the chef said they are made fresh to order everyday. Almost four stars, but not quite yet

1  Thank mikey_8762
AioliTrinidad, Public Relations Manager at Aioli, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2014

I am sorry that your experience at Aioli was particularly noisy.

We strive to achieve the highest levels of quality, service and hospitality at the restaurant. However, unfortunately on the evening you dined with us there was a particularly large group having an impromptu gathering in our bar area, rendering the entire restaurant noisier than usual.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you experienced. I really can understand your disappointment. Your comments will be shared with our team and I hope that I will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Aioli.

Warmest regards,