“"the cherry on top of the cake"”
Review of Aioli

Aioli
Ranked #2 of 168 Restaurants in Port of Spain
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Helmed by Executive Chef Johnny Aboud, Aioli offers a Mediterranean inspired-menu for lunch, tapas and dinner in a beautiful, inviting setting. Chef Aboud trained at the Ecole Gregoire Ferrandi in Paris, the Lincoln Culinary Institute and the Florida Culinary Institute. With his team, he strives to bring out the best in carefully chosen ingredients, turning the cacophony into a wonderful symphony of flavor. We invite you to come taste the daring efforts of this young chef as he makes his mark in Trinidad & Tobago!
Reviewed July 6, 2014

For our weekend get away a friend of us took us to dinner on Friday night to this magnificent restaurant. Not only the mood was great, but also the service and of course the food. We liked it so much that we had to go again the last night of our stay.
The first night, we had as a main course the duck breast, the filet mignon, and the lamb. Every single dish was cooked to perfection. Also, the selection of wines is exquisite, and it compliments the food greatly. For dessert we tried the Napoleon which is amazing, soft, creamy, crunchy, not too sweet, just on point.
For our last night in town, we had to go back. This time, just the two of us. As soon as you walk in, the staff make you feel special in every sense. From the host, to the manager, to the server, and even the chef himself. We desided to try small plates (tapas) this time around, and we were amazed because each dish was better than the previous one. A must have is the "Jamon iberico" with "queso manchego" which feels like it melts in your mouth. Other amazing dishes that we loved and can't even describe how amazing they taste are the spicy oyster shooters, the prosciutto wrapped scallops (one of my fav), and smoked salmon. For main course, we went with the chef's recommendation, the special of the day a Scallop Risotto, and the sea bass. The food again was delightful, and the experience of having the def coming around to serve you and guide you through your meal is just amazing. To finish, we gave in to the deliciousnes of the truffle Nutella creme brûlée.
This restaurant is a must. Can't wait to go back. Definitely, one of the best restaurant we have been.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

The service was good. The food was nice but not remotely satisfying portion wise. I had the Duck Breast as my entree which was minuscule. They really need to increase the portion sizes of the side dishes at the very least. The wines and cocktails were nicely complimentary to the menu. The place truly has a fine dining decor. Not a regrettable experience.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

I would highly recommend this 5 star, classy, well decorated and sophisticated restaurant to anyone who wants a taste of the world's BEST fine dining experience- found right here in Trinidad.
You are greeted warmly by an ensemble of candles that create an exceptional ambience. The staff are so well trained that they make you feel red carpet deserved; they are attentive and efficient.
The food is completely delectable and luscious. The handsome chef certainly knows what he is doing and is certainly the most remarkable and well read chef I've ever met- he knows the chemistry of food and what drinks pair well with it.
Being a well travelled individual, it is my opinion that the food is the perfect fusion of many regions.
My top four recommendations are
(1) the Napoleon- Aioli's signature dessert and my gosh it is what it lives up to;
(2) the the lamb dish- perfect Moroccan fusion;
(3) the Blue Moon drink- how innovative- ladies, it's not too sweet nor too dry- perfect ladies drink!; and
(4) the Lamb meatballs- that spicy marinara sauce compliments the succulent meatballs perfectly.

Aioli is perfect for any occasion and is my first choice for dining out- try it!

Reviewed July 1, 2014

After having a very disappointing dinner at a very well known Italian restaurant, my partner and i decided to have dessert and Aioli came to mind, i checked the time and it was after 10pm, as we entered, we were greeted by the warm and very welcoming smiles of Mr. Jeremiah Mendes who did not hesitate to seat us. I asked for the dessert menu and to taste the moscato for the night, our server was Ricardo and he recommend the Napoleon dessert. I will say hands down, that was one of the best things i have tasted from a restaurant in a long time, everyone was super friendly even though it was nearing closing time, we were offered more wine to accompany our dessert and my take away package came with instructions. I must say, the customer service was remarkable and i will recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for delicious dessert and wonderful wine. thank you again guys for redeeming my faith in eating out.

1  Thank Creative_Taste
Reviewed June 14, 2014

We arrived at Aioli and were met with a pleasant and helpful staff who went above and beyond to make sure our needs were met. The resturant created a cozy, intimate ambiance which immediately makes you feel at home. We ordered a variety of flat breads and I must say that they were excellent. Each one put together with much attention to detail. Two of my favorites would have to be the steak and lamb and feta... They were succulent and the steak was surprisingly moist. The chef is very attentive to the presentation of his food and clearly meticulous in his choices for ingredients. Kudos chef...

Prepare for your taste buds to do a happy dance...

Over all an excellent visit to Aioli. I will defineltely go back. Next time to try the dinner service.