“Amazing”

$90.00*
Highlights of Tobago Tour
Ranked #1 of 8 Tours in Port of Spain
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Tano and Island Experiences educated us everyday about the culture of Trinidad and provided a stress-free and fun time during the groups time there. Tano took us to many tourists attractions like religious temples, beaches, clubs, bars, a nightime boat ride, and many more sites. Island Experiences made sure everyone had a safe and fun experience while learning about the culture and lifestyle of local Trinidadians. Tano exceeded my expectations of a class trip and would definitely recommend anyone traveling to Trinidad to use Island Experiences tours.

2  Thank Kamil G
TanoTrinidad, Manager at Island Experiences - Private Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Thank you for the review and it was a pleasure showing you guys the wonders of Trinidad.

There are newer reviews for Island Experiences - Private Day Tours

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Island Experiences presented a phenomenal tour of Trinidad and its many unique sites and qualities. Tano went above and beyond in trying to provide me and my class the best experience possible by providing a perfect balance of fun and learning which made this tour so memorable. I would definitely recommend Island Experiences to anyone traveling to Trinidad and if I go back in the future I will absolutely to go through Island Experiences tours.

1  Thank Kelly H

Thank you for the review and I am happy you enjoyed everything!

Reviewed January 17, 2014

Island Experiences arranges everything. Out college group for the second year in a row had an agenda that was not typical of tourism. Gunda's network of hotels, drivers, guides, hoteliers and restaurants is extensive throughout both Trinidad and Tobago. We described our needs to Island Experiences months in advance, and received a good education from Gunda and budgets from Senissa long before our arrival. With a fixed per-person budget, they helped us juggle the options for the most efficient, fun-filled itinerary and best possible experience tailored to our course.

They advised us on all costs and values and arranged all transportation and lodging. They even arranged for us a tour of the port authority to see the cargo operations in Port of Spain, with hard hats, safety vests, security checks and all.

But beyond the scheduled itinerary, Tano arranged a number of side trips and after hours activities for students, from "Sunday School" in Buccoo (Tobago) to the Port of Spain panyards where steel pan orchestras practiced for the up coming Carnival season. We toured the markets of Chaguanas, the Hindu Temple on the Sea and, took Jeeps to the mountaintops of Paramin. We watched the spectacle of Scarlet and White Ibis return to roost at sunset in the Caroni preserve. We visited downtown textile and shops preparing for Carnival. When class activity ended for the day, Tano advised and arranged for students to visit local clubs and take nighttime boat rides.

On the last full day, it rained, and Tano expertly improvised on the spot. Instead of the beach, he arranged for a boat the caverns beneath Gaspare island, which turned out to be one of the most exhilarating memories of all, like a primeval domed Pantheon, with its oculus of sunlight beaming down to a warm, deep subterranean logoon a virtual central cylinder of rainwater surrounded by sculptures of a million years of geological Michelangelos.

In Tobago, we were the welcome beneficiaries of Tanja Mohammed's network and management. The class swam and played cricket on the beach at Castara, snorkeled off Little Tobago, toured the Tobago Cocoa Plantation, visited a day care center in Scarborough, and even took Cricket lessons from Coach Clem Hercules, which was covered by Tobago Channel 5. Our faculty was interviewed on TV, and invited the next day to appear live on its "Rise and Shine" morning talk show. Last year they arranged for us to visit an isolated organic farm to learn about dasheen, the now-famous food of Usain Bolt.

En route from one location to another, Tano stopped at many restful, out-of-the-way spots like Bacolet beach for a quick lunch and dip in the ocean. Tano's running commentary is always witty, entertaining, and edgy in presenting the lay of the land, from politics to religion, from history to nightlife, and from folklore to herbal medicine ... while at the same time multitasking to keep us on schedule and ordering food to be ready whenever we arrived, or sometimes to pick up catered box lunches to go.

Whether you are new to T&T or not, Island experiences will not only show you the ropes, but will untangle any knots before you even know they're there. For any tour group, especially of 20 or so, like ours, it's always best to get in touch early and often for the fullest possible experience during your stay. But your Island Experience team will make it happen even if you are flying by the seat of your pants, as we were on the zip lines at Maqueripe.

Island Experiences knows every nook and cranny of T&T, and facilitate lasting personal connections with everyone you meet along its circuitous paths. Thank you - until we meet again!

3  Thank Prof_Leone

It was great working with you and your students. looking forward to the next group!

Reviewed December 8, 2013

I had a great experience with Gunda and Island Experiences! I had a stressful experience a few days before with an important work trip on the island; but she was very easy to communicate with and very flexible.

We set up a cultural island tour (http://www.islandexperiencestt.com/island_tour.htm) and I was able to join in with a couple (though she also offers private tours). We saw a great local market, visited a hindu temple and spoke with a religious figure, ate some great local food, and had another great tour at the pitch lake (molten tar!). Everything was exciting and interesting because you can tell she has a deep love and affection for the country yet provides honest and insightful information.

I was in Trinidad for a very short period of time but I am so grateful for Gunda and Island Tours. I don't know how else I would have taken advantage of the short amount of personal time I had. I felt safe and comfortable the entire time. Gunda is a German ex-pat, but has lived here many years and clearly is a Trini and is respected by all we met on the tour. We even had a pit stop in Pizza Hut for coffee...very flexible and friendly!

1  Thank gustavo3000

I am happy you had such a good experience and looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Tours with our tour guide, Tano Harewood, well organized and thought out. Tano proved himself to be very reliable and well informed about various sites in Trinidad. This was my boyfriend’s first visit to Trinidad, and I grew up in Trinidad. Tano ensured that all our unforeseen needs were met; he arranged our accommodations, arranged our transportation to Tobago, arranged all our transportation needs to and from the airport, etc. Tano made our vacation safe and stress free; we will likely be using his services again. Tano’s political and social commentaries were as entertaining as his tours! Highly recommended!

2  Thank Suzanne P
TanoTrinidad, Manager at Island Experiences - Private Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

I am happy that you enjoyed everything in Trinidad and looking forward to your next visit.