“Ok place” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sundeck Suites

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Port of Spain
Sundeck Suites
You added Sundeck Suites to your Saves list
Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Port of Spain
“Ok place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

Ok place, reasonably priced, beds could be of a more comfortable material. One morning when we were in the room, the cleaner, (i'm not sure what u call) just came in & started cleaning, she did not even acknowledge us, it was like we were invisible. And u have to pay to get internet, & we still did not get any internet connection but we were refunded. Overall it is an ok place, most suitable for someone who would be more in than out, which was me in this case.

Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank M A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Antigua
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

I have stayed at Sundeck in April and August of 2012 with my sister and her son and its a very nice place the staff they are excellent they make sure your stay is comfortable if there might be something that is not quite to your liking no problem spot on they are there to help.I like the idea of security and not just a camera doing the job of a person . We walk to the
supermarket and other places, They are easy to get to looking forward to going there again.

Room Tip: The room we had were quiet and had a good view of the parking lot where we can stay in our room a...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Cam138
Barbados
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

For what it is it isn't bad. It has all the ammendities you need. Not five star but if you going for a business trip or shopping and you want to save some dollars it is a good choice. Also close to Port of Spain and the Savannah which is an advantage come Carnival time.

If you want Hilton style accommodation, not for you. If you want self-contained, safe and decent accommodation without the frills, Check it out. Not a bad spot for a trip when you will spend most of you time out than in.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank Chef_Cor
Of The World
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2010

I stayed here in November. It was cheap ($75/per night) and the hotel doesn't have a lot of rooms which is great because you don't have all the hub bub of a larger hotel. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. Our room was FANTASTIC! I'm not incredibly picky in accomodations because I'm not there to LIVE in the room I'm there to experience the VACATION. Our room was equipped with a microwave, hot plate, pots & pans, dishes, cups and silverware plus a full sized refrigerator. The room was a very decent size. They recommended a FANTASTIC Roti place on Maraval Road..OMG! For breakfast you have to go to their other property down the block and it's $5/per person. TIP: try and change over cash prior to the trip. While it's not generally an issue we found in our experience people tended to roll their eyes when we offered US dollars for purchases. A cab ride from the hotel to the airport and vice versa is $25-30 U.S. Dollars.
There is overnight security and they lock the front gate at night. There is ALWAYS someone available. The hotel is located in a primarily residential neighborhood...but it's relatively quiet. Thank god they have air conditioning...because it was HOT as hell down there! Short walk to Queen's Park and the Zoo (depends on if you're a walker or not...lol) and we walked downtown from the hotel. Make sure you stay hydrated because it is HOT down there!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
5 Thank LittleTini
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed at Sundeck for 5 nights and look forward to doing it again. We arrived from the airport at 1:30 am and were nervous to see the place in darkness and the gate closed with no other way in. However an employee came out right away and opened the gate for us. We were checked in right away and escorted to our room. The room was not a palace or anything, but it was very practical and spacious. Also very clean. We enjoyed having the balcony, even though it was not huge, but why should it be. My only complaints would be the twin size beds that we had to push together and the temperature of the water in the shower was difficult to set. Location was fine, close to the gardens and the zoo and many restaurants. I would recommend Sundeck Suites to anyone who is not looking for elegance and perfection, but a comfortable, affordable place.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Twin Beds
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
      Check in / front desk
3 Thank howifeelaboutit
Toronto, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2006

If you are looking for a place to stay that is central, clean and close to everything - then the Sundeck Suites is the right place. While the hotel does not have everything that the bigger hotels such as a pool or a gym, they have something than is hard to put a price on - customer service. Everyone at the hotel was helpful providing suggestions on where to go to grab a quick bite, to giving you clear directions on how to get somewhere.

The rooms are modest, but they have every modern amenity that you will need - including a microwave. The bathroom facilites are clean and modern as well with decent water pressure. Also, we had a patio off our room so that we could enjoy breakfast in the sun.

The only drawback were the beds. While they were twin beds, the mattresses were really thin. However, I am happy to report, the thin mattresses did not have any bed bugs and were incredibly clean.

I would stay here again. It is close to a grocery store, down the street from an Internet cafe and if you enjoy walking, you can make it into Port of Spain proper in 20 minutes. However, if you don't feel like walking far, make sure you call Arnold at ---- as he is THE BEST taxi driver in Port of Spain. Knows everything and has reasonable prices.

• Stayed May 2006
17 Thank Timetogo3448
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2004

I stayed at the Sundeck Suites in August 2004. I was in Trinidad visiting family and wanted to "hang out" in Town (Port of Spain), so i stayed a 3 day weekend.

The location is ideal, within walking distance of my favorite hangout, Jenny's on the Boulevard. The place is clean, the staff is friendly, the rooms are comfortable except for one thing, the mattresses are miserably uncomfortable. The beds are twin size, which is not a problem, but the mattresses are foam and not a high density foam either. The mattress rests on wooden slats that I felt no matter which way I tossed and turned. I was in pain by the end of the 3 nights.

I think that because the place is a hotel, they should invest in the comfort of the guests and change to innerspring mattresses. Foam is not suitable for a mattress that gets everyday use. My sofabed at home is more comfortable.

However, I would stay there again, because the actual room, etc. is a good value for the price, and as I said it was clean and well kept. I would walk with my twin size Aerobed to put on top of the existing foam mattress though.

21 Thank A TripAdvisor Member