“great service”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Food was great. The staff did not hesitate to prepare dishes according to our dietary preference. The ambiance is good. They offer a buffet luch which has a variety even for vegetarians

Reviewed March 25, 2013

My husband and I visited Shanghai Experience on a Sunday night. We were promptly seated and our waitress was very friendly and helpful. She took our order soon after we arrived, and our food came to our table very quickly - no long delays.
The food was EXCELLENT. As I said, this is the best Chinese food I have had in a long while. I visited this restaurant over a year ago, and the food was just average. They have definitely improved. My husband and I were very happy with the food and service.

1  Thank Sher_TT
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Wow! The decor is elegant and oriental and the food is excellent. The cost is a little steep for my pockets to keep up with but the taste makes up for it. They are located upstairs Movie Towne, Port-Of-Spain, Trinidad.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

I visited TSE on sunday with my family, there was no one there and the service was awful. WE DID NOT EVEN RECEIVE NAPKINS. The staff seemed as though they were having a Happy Sunday (20th JAN 2013) at work doing nothing and patrons had the nerve to dine there and disturb them. The waitress suggested 1/2 portions instead of 1/4 which was pointless as there was no difference. The food was bland and STALE (the duck was bony and somewhat ROTTEN) and seemed lazily prepared (I have eaten there before and the service is usually neutral-poor but the food good..not great) The staff seemed unsupervised..as though their manager was out for the day and they did not care about service. Sadly THEY and only THEY consider themselves "fine dining", I have no idea if or how on earth they meet their overheads as everyone I have told agrees its poor. I filled out an evaluation card but I am certain they would chuck it before it reaches anyone that can make a difference. We were hungry after our first order and ALL decided we did not want more food from TSE ..EVERRR. Needless to say I payed the bill to the cent(I would not give them a penny extra). I am terrified of buying Chinese food in smaller, less expensive establishments for fear of consuming "dog" so that leaves Jenny's on the BLVD as my only "go to" chinese eatery, the service is sometime-ish but the food is fresh and has a consistent taste. DO NOT EAT AT THE SHANG HAI EXPERIENCE!

2  Thank Venita S
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Went there for a second time in late 2012 and remembered why I had vowed never to go back after my first time in 2009 when the food came. The portion sizes were really small. This has to be the only place where my wife and myself never have any remaining food to takeaway and we are still hungry after.

Service was decent but we were the only people there.
Taste was slightly better than the average Chinese takeout joint.

3  Thank Nis N