All reviews will stay there again swimming pool other hotels carnival supermarket trinidad cereal
Selected filters
Reviewed September 12, 2018 via mobile

My family and myself booked a multiple room 6 guests. Rooms were clean and culturally decorated which was intriguing. Staff was very helpful and attened to our needs even making exceptions with breakfast whenever we woke late. The grounds and pool were also clean and hanging out by the pool was relaxing due to the quiet surroundings. The bar was not active the period we stayed and had to get drinks by reception to the front of the compound which was a little inconvenient. There is access to a huge grocery walking distance. Our room had a small fridge but no stove or microwave. The highlight was how responsive the staff was in an emergency. During one of the days spent there was a somewhat scary earthquake there was no damage done but during the shaking the staff came to our door to help us evacuate to the safest area on the compound. Keep it up Chancellor... Great job on keeping your guess safe.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2018 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights with a group to attend a conference at the Hyatt.
A group discount was negotiated by the conference comity and with breakfast we would pay about half the price at Hyatt.
The hotel was dated, including their system for CC authorization.
The rooms were very basic, AC functioned, so did the shower and had no issues with the bed. TV didn’t had much channel options.
The save model was from an early generation and combination of key and codes is needed.

Breakfast buffet was eggs, another 1-2 hot item, one type of bread, cereal, fruit and coffee, tea and juice. It wasn’t a wow but for usd 10 ok, especially compared to what breakfast costs at other Hotels.
Swimming pool was small, but clean and enough for my needs.
The complimentary WiFi was only around the pool area during weekend. After it was fixed it was available in the room, but not to the level at the pool.
For diner we walked to the nearby Normandy hotel. Alternative option is the Pizza boys. A supermarket is at walkable distance.
The general advise is not to walk alone at night in that area.

Had a rental car and within 25 minutes I was at the conference location.
In summary the hotel is not a wow, it is sufficient and even with a car rental and breakfast the stay costed about 40% less than at the conference hotel.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
flipsideofacoin, General Manager at The Chancellor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2018

Hi Henk

Thank you for your review. I hope you were satisfied that our pre-auth was not done to facilitate the changes that were made with your group prior to arrival. Yes the fibre optic cable with our vendor has given us some reasonable issues however we were thankful that you were comfortable with our extra efforts in putting in additional routers to boost service to your room. As for the channel TV , the company we use is FLOW offers 64 channels , I am not sure if there are channels are continuous or if there are gaps. I am grateful for you pointing this out so i would review to ensure other customers are aware. Our property cafe opens until 2:00 PM which we offered your group a hot continental style buffet for breakfast. Definitely agree never to walk around in any area alone at nights, most times after 8 PM, however some of the places in our vicinity is .2 miles away . We do hope that you consider us for your team again! Thanks Again.

Have a Great Day !

Reviewed April 26, 2018

I stayed at the Chancellor Hotel for two weeks in April, 2018. I had one room with breakfast included. The room was acceptable but on more than one occasion the room was not cleaned on a daily basis because the cleaning person didn't show up or forgot, etc. After a few breakfasts I came to the realization that the breakfast was totally unacceptable. I ended up going to another hotel for breakfast. The dining room was not clean (e.g. tablecloths were not changed, etc.) I would NOT recommend this hotel. The Wifi and Internet worked sporadically and was undependable. One of the employees there (Laurie) went out of her way to ameliorate my situation and I thank her for that.

Room tip: Don't stay at this hotel.
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Eugene080275
flipsideofacoin, General Manager at The Chancellor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2018

Hi Eugene, Hope you got back home safely and I thank you for putting this information forward , it is the only way staff (whether they are with us or gets employed with another establishment ) would understand that their action affect the industry as a whole. Unfortunately their was a breakdown with our operations manager ( no longer with us ) and what was expected of him to ensure your stay was flawless which is clearly evidenced by your message. Laurie tried her best to facilitate to the best of her ability which she has indicated to me during your stay with great sadness.She is still working here to guide the new team of workers of the importance of guest relations and importance of service . We learn everyday of this important "Square Pegs in Round holes" syndrome which we are ensuring our new recruits will be reviewed every day.Thank you Sir for your honesty and I trust that if you are ever to return you have our direct email contact which we would be more than happy to have you stay with us. I can assure your every service need would be met.

Reviewed April 20, 2017

We had an event hosted here and it was amazing. Firstly I love the hotels grounds and the rooms, really beautiful. There is also a nice little pool which we just looked at because we were a bit tied up with other stuff, so there was no swimming.

The event was really successful and the surroundings of the hotel lend that type of atmosphere. The staff members were very kind and helpful at all times. I really enjoyed the time there and I would encourage anyone to visit....

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
flipsideofacoin, Manager at The Chancellor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2017

Thank you for your comment. All our staff appreciate your sharing

Reviewed March 7, 2017 via mobile

Staff are very friendly and always more than willing to help in any way they can. Am particularly grateful for 24hr reception. Rooms are spacious, comfortable and well equipped. Location is a little way out from eating outlets, but only a very short drive by taxi/uber. No concerns over safety and security here. A good place to stay.

Date of stay: February 2017