The Chancellor Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Alicia's Palace(Port of Spain)
View Hotel
The Carlton Savannah(Port of Spain)
  • Pool
Kapok Hotel(Port of Spain)
View Hotel
Forty Winks Inn(Port of Spain)
View Hotel
Copper Kettle Hotel(Port of Spain)
View Hotel
Ambassador Hotel(Port of Spain)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed May 9, 2005

Rooms- Don't let the room categories fool you. There are really no extra amenities in any of the "higher" room categories. We were in an "Executive" room. Room was clean and but "clinical" looking. Walls can use some color. Very spacious. Cable T.V with enough programing. In room high speed internet worked well, was able to get all my business done quickly.

Food/Restaurant- Hot or miss here. Food was edible, however waits were too long for food preparation. We waited almost an hour for 3 grilled chicken sandwiches to be served for lunch. Also wait staff were not up to par in the service category.

Property- Clean and well maintained.

Staff- Friendly and polite.

Check out- A little slow, do not be in a hurry. Check your bill for accuracy.

• Stayed: May 2005, traveled on business
9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Sherman, Texas
Reviewed August 23, 2004

Great view and so close to St. Ann's and St. James that everything I wanted from culture to "Fete" ( party ) was five minutes or less from my door. Management really seemd to care about the guests.
Jerry

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 15, 2004

This was my second visit to Port of Spain on business and I stayed at the Chancellor. The first time I ever encountered RUDENESS in Trinidad was at the Chancellor. The Chancellor's kitchen and room service staff were RUDE. You could tell that they did not enjoy their job. But the bartender & front desk staff were always polite. The bathroom was not air conditioned but it was huge and had a great shower with good water pressure. They did not have blow dryers, I am glad I brought my own. The room was clean and the beds were okay. The room did not have a refrigerator and no phone book could be found. Good thing I new where to get good food. Jenny's on the Boulevard is my favorite restaurant. But if you are visiting Port of Spain for the first time, you may not have a choice but to eat at the Chancellor. BEWARE. One of my business partners ordered a hamburger and it took the restaurant 1.5 hours to make it. I am not exaggerating. I asked how long it would take them to make me a hamburger and they told me at least one hour. There was only one other couple in the restaurant, so I can't understand why it took so long. I decide to call my driver and have him take me to Trotter's for a good burger. But Trotter's ran out of hamburgers. The best part of my visit was the tour I got from Osie Night Owl Taxis Service. I hired Osie for the week and he was always a phone call away. He even took me on business appointments and waited on me. Very reasonalble rate...about $ 50 per day. He took me to have Rotti and Pholouries, wonderful local food you must try. And of course, Bake and Shark at Richard's on Maracas Beach. Osie even stood in the rain and filled up my empty bottle of water with fresh coconut water while I waited in the taxis. Excellent service. Excellent driver. If you are interested in getting in touch with Osie, just contact any hotel and ask them for Osie Night Owl Taxis service. Or just send me an email.

By the way, I checked out the Crown Plaza in downtown Port of Spain. I will definately stay there next time. Be sure to ask for a balcony with the Woodbrook view. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: January 2005, traveled on business
11  Thank GYanez
Reviewed March 19, 2004

I've had two stays at this hotel. It is very nice and clean. Staff is very good with a single exception. Food is excellent, and you probably will need to use the restaurant because the hotel is in an area with few dinning places around and taxi will cost you a few bucks.

Unless you want some extra space, you will be comfortable enough in a single room and it is a lot cheaper than the executive suite.

Be aware of invoices and accounts. Systems are not very reliable and usually you will find errors.

Last, you will have access to high speed Internet in your room. Nice feature for business travelers.

3  Thank RanyDanny
irvington,nj
Reviewed November 1, 2003

the hotel was clean and spacious,the food was appetizing and the staff was very attentive. i will stay there again!

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member