I stayed at this hotel during the Carnival period and my room was a double occupancy located on the second floor.I paid $720.00 TTD per night and that price in my opinion was way too high for the ammenities and service offered. At the end of my stay all I could say was "This hotel is in dire need of improvement!" I have listed the pros and cons of my stay:
(1) The room was clean and neat upon my arrival. Housekeeping was done everyday.
(2) The receptionist was very pleasant and helpful upon check-in.
(1) Room- firstly, there is a bright white light shining morning, noon and night in the cooridoors. If you are a light sleeper like myself, this place would not be for you. The curtains in the room are too short to keep out the light. Secondly, the room only offers a television, towels, ac and hot/cold water. The remote for the television barely worked. I had to stand on a chair to manually adjust the stations and the volume. The water pressure in the pipe was also very low. There was problems with the regulation of the temperature of the water- it was either too hot or too cold. Thirdly,there was no refrigerator, microwave, iron or even a hairdryer for usage. The receptionist did not even mention a room on the first floor that offered service to guests who wished to use a microwave or refrigerator. My friend and I bounced up on it by chance. Fourthly, housekeeping comes to the room between the hours of 9 and 12noon, there should be a do not disturb card for guests who wish to sleep in late and do not WISH to be disturbed. Additionally, the walls of the room are too thin- I could hear all the conversations going on in other guests' rooms as well as on the cooridoors. Persons were speaking so loudly at 3am in the morning and being a huge inconvenience.
(2) Breakfast- you had to sign at the front desk to get a voucher for breakfast. Breakfast was to be served from 7-10am. It was never served before 7:30am. The menu is limited and you can only pick two sides/ bake. The servers were unmannerly, rude, discourteous and lacked customer service. They show discrimination to locals. That needs to be attended to immediately!
The best part for me was checkout. This hotel has the ability to be a beautiful relaxation spot but it needs a serious upgrade. Everyone's experience will be different. I do not recommend staying here for a long period of time, but I do recommend it if you are doing a layover for a few hours. It is one of the cheapest hotels around the airport area. I will not be staying here again in the near future.
- Also Known As:
- Le Sportel Hotel Port Of Spain
- Le Sportel Inn Trinidad/Port Of Spain