“I really liked this place!”
Review of Texas de Brazil

Texas de Brazil
Ranked #5 of 168 Restaurants in Port of Spain
Cuisines: Brazilian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Texas de Brazil is carving out a whole new experience in dining. The restaurant is an authentic Brazilian-American "Churrascaria" or steakhouse that combines the cuisines of Southern Brazil with the generous spirit of Texas.Treat yourself to our 50-60 item seasonal salad area including appetizers, gourmet vegetables, soups, and salads. Turn your place card to green and prepare to be swarmed by a troop of carvers generously serving various cuts of seasoned beef, lamb, pork, chicken and Brazilian sausage, all accompanied by traditional side items and house-baked Brazilian cheese bread. As you dine endlessly on Brazilian fare, let one of our in-house wine connoisseurs select the perfect pairing from our extensive, award-winning wine lists, or sip on a freshly-made signature cocktail-the Caipirinha. Complete your dining experience with one of our many decadent dessert selections, and then relax with an after-dinner drink, steaming espresso and enjoy the ambiance and service perfection that is uniquely Texas de Brazil.
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I have read some reviews about this so went. We were way undressed, but they weren't busy so they made an exception (3 US guys with a Credit Card seems to go a long way).

I really enjoyed the salad and sides bar, and I liked the meat. I agree with some that not every meat was great, but some were really great. That's the best part of this place, if you don't like it, don't eat a second bite, just wait for the next round of another meat. It isn't cheap, and everything costs (water, salad, meat, desert), nothing is a "combo", but if you are prepared it doesn't feel bad. Again expensive for Trinidad, but no more than a normal nice restaurant elsewhere.

2  Thank worldtrav426
There are newer reviews for Texas de Brazil

Reviewed December 24, 2012

After hearing some good things in Port of Spain about this place, we decided to try it and see for ourselves. Unfortunately it was very disappointing from the start, the service is not the best and you can wait anything up to 20 min for a drink and even then it's not guaranteed it will be what you asked for.

The food is ok, the self service salad and sides bar is alright, the meat however is not that good at all and far from good cuts. The only tasty thing was the sausage, everything else was too dry - even the rare meat, and far too salty.

To top it off, as soon as we finished eating, I got an upset stomach, therefore I don't think we will visit this place again.

3  Thank Luages
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Great restaurant, great food , great staff ! I was full in about 10 minutes cause the meat kept coming non stop. Price a little steep but its worth the money .

Reviewed November 21, 2012

Nothing is free. Not the water, not the soda water and definitely not cake and ice cream on a birthday. We were conned! We arrived about an hour before closing (we had a reservation) and the manager made a point of coming to our table to tell us to take our time, however in the same breath, meats would be limited and well done. He visited the table about every 20 minutes, it felt like we were being hustled. I visited before and I knew if I asked for club soda, they would put a bottle on the table and charge me. I asked for water and they did the same thing. The server offered my mother a birthday dessert of Carrot Cake, Hennessy "drizzled" over ice cream. Since he offered, I did not ask about price, I simply thought it was the "free" birthday dessert. Lo and behold, they charged $175, for the hennesy they drizzled, $45 for the cake and I think about $50 for the ice cream. I got so mad! I could not speak. Generally, my last experience I would rate below average, but I have had ok experiences before. To Texas de Brazil, I would suggest that you state additional charges upfront, instead of trying to surprise your patrons with additions to the bill!

5  Thank MsMcV
Reviewed November 6, 2012

The food was good as far as it goes. It is expensive and basically you get a salad bar, albeit an extensive one, and meat. It priced too high for what you are getting.

1  Thank HelenBT