“A devine experience! !!”
Review of Texas de Brazil

Texas de Brazil
Ranked #5 of 164 Restaurants in Port of Spain
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Brazilian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Texas de Brazil is carving out a whole new experience in fine dining. The restaurant is an authentic Brazilian-American "Churrascaria" or steakhouse that combines the cuisines of Southern Brazil with the generous spirit of Texas.Treat yourself to our 50-60 item seasonal salad area including appetizers, gourmet vegetables, soups, and salads. Turn your place card to green and prepare to be swarmed by a troop of carvers generously serving various cuts of seasoned beef, lamb, pork, chicken and Brazilian sausage, all accompanied by traditional side items and house-baked Brazilian cheese bread. As you dine endlessly on Brazilian fare, let one of our in-house wine connoisseurs select the perfect pairing from our extensive, award-winning wine lists, or sip on a freshly-made signature cocktail-the Caipirinha. Complete your dining experience with one of our many decadent dessert selections, and then relax with an after-dinner drink, steaming espresso and enjoy the ambiance and service perfection that is uniquely Texas de Brazil.
Port of Spain, Trinidad
“A devine experience! !!”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

This is by far the best restaurant in the country when it comes to service, food, variety, customer service and atmosphere.
I would recommend anyone, anytime.

• Visited September 2012
3 Thank leah155

“Sigh”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

What is it with Trinidad being exclusively synonymous with bad service...We walk into the restaurant greeted by a very friendly hostess...in the beginning very accommodating servers and waiters/waitresses (though a bit intrusive)...then the service- we get served tiny, thin slabs of meat, one at a time...they walk off, don't come back until 10 or 15 minutes has passed...we talk to the manager guy making his rounds around the restaurant- "hey, we've been to places like this before...how come we are getting served such small slices at sporadic and sparse times apart"- his response "we try not to give our patrons large slices that they can't eat"...he deflects the conversation and walks off...by this time we are annoyed...the servers pick up on it, they start coming more frequently....almost vindictively putting the meat on our plates...they've become very rude...at the end, the clear out our table before asking if we'd like anything else...poor service, not enough food for the amount of money you pay...if you ask me $835.00 TT for 3 people (1 vegeterian plate)...possibly about 4 thin slices of meat and a salad bar that's soo depressing to go to, I wanted to make a rounds in the market for them...nothing good to say about this place and I will not ever go there again.

• Visited August 2012
“Meat lover's paradise”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Great selection of meats. Ok vegetables and salad too. Quite pricey for Trinidad so only suitable for special occasions and there are more sophisticated restaurants competing.

Visited November 2011
3 Thank JohnTs58
Port of Spain
“Its Brazilian churrasco - lite”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I went there for lunch recently and as usual enjoyed the bright atmosphere, friendly service and the overall experience.

However, having eaten at Texas de Brazil in Miami and also enjoyed the churrasco dining experience in South America, the Trinidad restaurant is a paler version. The meats did not circulate as often as they should have, and their signature steak, the Picanha, was very rare, not as in under-cooked, but in that it made only a few showings even though I had specifically requested another piece.

The sangria made us all very mellow and the chocolate mousse cake (don't know how I managed to stuff it down) were a nice finish. Overall it was an enjoyable experience, and I would go back.

• Visited July 2012
4 Thank Trinilena
San Juan, Trinidad
“Unique”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Even though people kept telling me this place was highly overpriced, i wanted to try it for myself before i made a decision. I made a reservation online and i was greeted by friendly staff. When I got to my table, there was more than one waiter explaining the menu and how to go about using the red/green card for those who wanted the "full" dinner. The salad bar was the first step and it was full of brazilian salads, rice, sushi, salmon, shrimp, fish, peppers and veges.A new plate was brought to me when i was done with the salad portion, so i then flipped my card over to the "green" side which gives the waiters the green light to bring the meats my way which were then cut in front of my onto my plate, as well as 2 sides of a sweetened banana which was covered in cinnamon and a garlic mashed potato side. There were different choices of chicken, lamb, pork, and of course beef(however i don't eat beef so the others were my target). I was stuffed to the point where I felt as though i gained some weight so i turned my card over to the "red" side. I wanted dessert as well but I could not eat it there as i was completely filled so i ordered the chocolate mousse cake to go. I was a bit disappointed about the extremely small slice i got which costed me $48 TTD so that was my only concern. All in all i would rate the service a 5/5, food 5/5, desserts 3/5. I got my money's worth and I would not mind returning.

Visited June 2012