“excellent on all levels”

Hakka Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #12 of 166 Restaurants in Port of Spain
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
San Fernando, Trinidad
“excellent on all levels”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

being in the hospitality industry i just had to write my review. went to HAKKA on Nov 26th and it was an absolutely memorable night. we needed help ordering and our server - Hosea - was just great with his recommendation. the food was delicious and came very quickly. our server was extremely courteous and very knowledgeable. the ambiance was serene and cozy and very clean. HAKKA is my new favorite place to dine. Hats off to the Manager who also was on the floor ensuring guest were happy. great job guys...

• Visited November 2013

Trinidad and Tobago
“Not the Hakka that you may find abroad but still good”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I find the this restaurant used to be better when they recently opened. Service depends on the server you get. Some are really efficient but some are just typical Trini restaurant workers. I find recently, that portion sizes have decreased and food has become more greasy and gravy very thick. My favourite dish is the Star spiced pork. The sad thing is that most times it is unavailable. I dont pork is scarce!. I believe management needs to revamp the dessert section as it is just plain stuff.

Visited May 2013
Port of Spain, Trinidad
“Wide selection on their menu”
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

I've been to Hakka once and I felt so comfortable that I didn't want to leave. The ambiance is fabulous and I enjoyed a very good meal. The decor is accommodative to private dining.

• Visited April 2013
Maraval, Trinidad
“still unsure”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

this is several times that i have gone to hakka, on business, on personal time etc. the food is good but there is something about the layout and the area is always loud and cold because of the open plan. Am i willing to keep going perhaps.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Evelyn M
“Birthday dinner”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We have been to this restaurant many times in the past but to be honest we had stopped going because of poor service and the food took too long to arrive.

My 15 year old son chose to have his birthday dinner at Hakka restaurant. Lisa, our server made excellent recommendations on menu selection as my husband and I prefer spicy food, our teenager medium and our 10 year old, no spices whatsoever.

If it was not for our son's request to have his birthday dinner there we may not have gone back. Glad to see that there were numerous improvements in the level of service and the quality of food prepared.Our meal lived up to all of our expectations and the service was excellent.

We will definitely return to this restaurant.

• Visited October 2013