“Exquisite service and food ”

BUZO Osteria Italiana
Ranked #4 of 174 Restaurants in Port of Spain
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

This is by far the most fancy Restuarant in Trinidad and Tobago. The ambience is superb. From the outside you will never expect this. Love the pasta :) yummy in my tummy

Reviewed August 7, 2014

The ambiance at Buzo's is superb. I booked a birthday party there for my friend a month prior to the event. On the night the area in the patio was catered for with our own server, as well as ushers directing invited guests to the area. The prices at Buzo is really high but its worth a one try just because there ambiance is awesome and their food menu is different from the regular options available. Oh and our waiter, I wish I could remember his name, he was excellent. he wowed us with his pristine memory of our orders without ever writing it down. It became a fun thing to order just to see if he'd get it right. He always did! In the end, everyone had fun with fond memories.

1  Thank Dnneka C
Reviewed August 4, 2014

This is my favourite Italian restaurant in all of Trinidad. There is parking across the street which is a huge plus. The food is excellent and the servers very hospitable. Enjoyable experience every time.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

I had the privilege of visiting this restaurant for my birthday this year and believe me, this place is worth a thousand more trips! From the sheer courtesy of the staff, to the exquisite taste and variety of the food here, not to forget the friendliness of the servers and their ever so attentive and informative responses to our many questions, the restaurant clearly is worth its taste and value in gold!

Reviewed August 2, 2014

While scouting for a place to eat with colleagues including one whose family runs a series of Italian ristorantes in Chicago, we agreed to follow recommendations to check out BUZO. We admit we did not go in with high expectations based on our week of dining experiences on the island. Trinidad does Indo-Carib cuisine exceptionally well. But it would be hard to spot any Italian influences anywhere on the island.

First off, the atmosphere was cosmopolitan. The dining areas are not particularly spacious but very elegant. After being seated, we expected a brief menu of seafood and pasta dishes that you would expect from an osteria in a distant city from Italia. But wow, were we blown away by the options!

We ordered a sampler plate of cheeses & carpaccio. Being a bit of an Italian snob, I was thoroughly impressed by the quality. The complimentary olive bread served up at our table was constantly in need of refilling as we devoured it nearly as quickly as it was delivered.

Our party of four intentionally ordered from different portions of the menu so that we could sample each other's pasta and entrees. All were superb. From my octopus ink pasta with seafood to the seafood zuppo to my right and the seafood dishes across the table, all were among the best dishes any of us had had in some time.

In typical Italian fashion, the plates were far too big for us to finish off and still have room for dessert. But we did order what amounted to a ice cream sundae with a shot of espresso. Most of us just enjoyed a bite leave a nice taste in our mouth for the remainder of the evening.

This was easily the most expensive meal of our week in Port of Spain. But it certainly delivered on the plates.