“Surprise”

BUZO Osteria Italiana
Ranked #1 of 165 Restaurants in Port of Spain
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
“Surprise”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I was very impressed that Trinidad have this restaurant just like U.S.. I liked the restaurant decorated, service and the food was very good. It you ever have a chance to go Trinidad you must go there.

• Visited July 2014

Orlando, Florida
“Delicious meal!”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Great decor. I went for lunch so there wasn't a huge amount of ambiance , but I can see it being lively at night. I liked that there was off-site parking with security.

I had the fried polenta with mushrooms as a started. Very rich and maybe a little heavy on the truffle oil. Good for sharing due to the richness. I ordered the meatballs for my main course. This came with some sort of pita/nan bread so I ordered a side of spaghetti to go with it. Meal was hearty..I had enough leftovers for a full meal. But both the meatballs and the spaghetti were delicious.

I was so full that I skipped desert. Service was decent. The hostess was a bit snooty but that's to be expected for this type of restaurant in Trinidad. Not as overpriced as many of the better dining establishments in Trinidad, so I was pleasantly surprised.

• Visited July 2014
“Great Trini Italian food”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I was skeptical of the dishes here but enjoyed every bit of it at lunch. I remember the artisan pizza as well as the pasta with pumpkin! Amazing! The decor is also interesting with great vintage coloured bottles in azure blue and tangerine orange. Will definitely eat here again. Service was not as great as the food though.

• Visited March 2014
“Was pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Was pleasantly surprised. I went here thinking it was just a pizza joint - it turned out to be much more charming and intimate - full blown restaurant. The architecture is well blended - I like the vintage stone work along with the modern ceiling and pendant lights. I don't like pasta or Italian very much but the meals were amazingly delicious. We thought we could just drop in for a quick after work bite. Upon entering we were seated in the back room near the kitchen - it was absolutely my fault since I did not make a reservation. I was uncomfortable in this area since it was so close to the kitchen. I may have made it apparent to the waiter that I was uncomfortable there - i did not call for the manager but the manager came over and really worked around the reservations to accommodate us - I really appreciate this - great service for a 'picky' customer like me :) thanks - we will return and we will definitely make reservations this time ;)

Toronto, Canada
“Expensive but worth it!”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Delicious food and friendly service. The food was very pricey but worth it if you're looking for a nice evening out. We had a large group and they made sure our glasses were filled and tables were kept full of food. Try the pizza and stuffed chicken.

Visited June 2014