2,174 results
All reviews the executive lounge tennis courts pool terrace lobby bar enjoyed my stay queens park upside trinidad spain port business savannah elevator gym carnival poolside pos
Selected filters
Reviewed January 16, 2018

The venerable lady of Port of Spain has the best location in the city with spacious elegant public rooms and a the best view of the city. Recent management changes include the reopening of the pool which is popular with local families on the weekend, making it seem like a fun park with is nonstop local music and the delighted screams of children who crowd the new pool. There is a well appointed gym and busy restuarant with local visitors and guests alike. The hotel has had some security issues recently but no one was affected.

Room tip: upper floors facing west is best
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Trinidad-Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Trinidad & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2018

Dear kendalwill2013,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and your concerns are noted. The safety and security of our guest is our highest priority and we are glad that the safety issue you referring too was on the main public road, outside of the hotel premises and had nothing to do with the Hilton. We continue to be vigilant to ensure the safety of our guest and team members is secured.

We look forward to your return.

With warm Trini regards,

Reviewed January 14, 2018

Breakfast should be complimentary with every room across the board. As such a big hotel it should not be a problem. Need better security at the hotel as well. But overall my stay was pleasant and would return

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Trinidad-Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Trinidad & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2018

Thank you for choosing us for your getaway and for taking the time to write this kind review. Nothing makes us happier than knowing that you had a wonderful time during your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future!

Reviewed January 12, 2018

I’ve never been in the habit of writing negative reviews but this stay certainly warrants one. Firstly the lounge was during my stay despite calling ahead and asking if they would be open. No big deal Management was kind enough to give us tickets for drinks and water by the bar for those who stated executive suites. One night we popped in for dinner it was 10% off on dinner for executive rooms, the following night with new staff they knew nothing about this and so we ended up paying full price. The next day For lunch we ordered a salad but the tangerine was clearly spoiled they sent it back to the kitchen and put lime and vinegar on it and brought it back. I tasted it and later that evening ended up throwing up in the bathroom into the morning. The waitress response after complaining for the second time is that it’s ok we’re not charging you for it (aka suck it up) over the weekend on the 6th floor (exec floor smells like marijuana) and 7 ppl got arrested at the hotel and some locals were keenly eyeing tourists and I really didn’t feel safe there. Not to mention an attempted kidnapping which took place that same night just on the outskirts of the premises (video can be found online) I requested a full refund in an effort to leave but my booking agent suggested that I speak to reservations in the morning, which I attempted to but they were very reluctant. Under the beds were extremely dusty with female hair and hair pins so was the curtains. Personally I will never ever return to this hotel neither would I recommend it to anyone.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
2  Thank mrceosams
Trinidad-Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Trinidad & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2018

Dear Vaughn S,

We are sorry that you had a disappointing experience during your stay with us. At Hilton, we always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected. Your feedback will help us deliver this brand promise. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed January 10, 2018

I enjoyed this hotel. I carried my kids & girlfriend. The rooms was very comfortable, the staff was very friendly & helpful. The pool was recently renovated(deepest part was about 5 feet). My kids enjoyed the pool a lot. The view from the deck is wonderful. Breakfast was superb. Cant wait to go back...

Room tip: Request rooms near the elevator, make sure & add breakfast to your stay.
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you for this great review. I am excited to read your compliments about our new pool. Your comments about the outstanding staff service and friendliness is appreciated and will certainly be passed on to the team.

We look forward welcoming you again.

Reviewed January 9, 2018

Big Hotel with great rooms and excellent views of Port of Spain. Ample parking and a quick check-in comprise a good welcome for any international traveller. The hotelbuilding is older, but the rooms are brand new, spacious, stylish and very comfortable. Executive rooms offer access to the lounge offering breakfast and evening drinks (including some types of alcohol) and snacks. The lounge is very relaxing. Breakfast is excellent and the evening snacks are nice as well. The staff is very friendly. The pool area does need some renovation but everything is functional. The gym is new, very well equipped and very nice. I will certainly stay here again.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Thanks for the feedback on your stay at our beautiful hotel. It is good to hear that you had a wonderful time. We hope that you will return to stay with us in the near future.