“Trini Conference”

Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Port of Spain
Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
“Trini Conference”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

This Hilton is good value for money. From excellent fitness center and pool to the lovely buffet breakfast the quality value proposition received by a guest is remarkable. The hotel is very secure as well.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HiltonTrinidad, General Manager at Hilton Trinidad and Conference Centre, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Thank you and hope to welcome you back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
  • Czech first
  • Turkish first
Sydney
Reviewed July 12, 2014

We had booked our hotel through a hotel company on the internet. We had requested two adjoining rooms so our family of 6 could be close together. When we arrived at 3am in the morning, due to a delayed flight our room configurations were wrong. We requested two doubles in each room. We had two doubles in one room and a queen in the other. My thirteen year old son didn't particularly want to sleep in the same bed as his grandmother. The excuse the gave was that we don't have this configuration with adjoining rooms! We why didn't they tell us that in the first place. They did bring a roll-a-way bed in and that did for the duration of our stay. Sunday and Monday night was pretty quiet and we had good nights sleep. That's where it finished!!! The hotel then proceeded to have numerous Graduation parties and a wedding on the Saturday night (which did not finish until 1.25am). The party sounded like in was in our room. Because we had booked through a third party we were allocated the rooms near the ballroom so we were subjected to loud music for the majority of our stay. After I complained we were offered another room to sleep in at night, whilst the remainder of the festive nights took place but the room could only sleep four and two others would have to use the lounge or roll-a-way. We declined this offer because of the inconvenience. I envied seeing all the fresh looking people who entered our lift coming from the other side of the hotel. We were compensated with four free breakfasts, but I won't go into the averageness of their buffet breakfast. The pancakes that were a rare sight tasted like they had used off milk. My mother had the lift door close on her and her elderly soft skin ripped off her arm. Of course they were very helpful and fixed her up with all the blood, but not once did they offer her anything to compensate her for her injuries. I think they were so nervous that she was going to sue. So they should have offered something.

The rooms were very dated. Our toilet had difficulty flushing and each day were were give two fresh towels, ever though there was four in our particular room.

My advise, don't stay there!!!!!

Room Tip: Stay away from the ballroom
2 Thank thecurlyolive
Thank you for your response. Based on the amount of misunderstanding and inconsistencies occuring over your visit, I wish to have a discussion with you to personally appologies and assist in clarifying the individual issues. Please contact me at your convenience at leroy.browne@hilton.com. Looking forward to discussing this directly with you.

Travelers are raving about these Port of Spain hotels

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

I must say we started out apprehensive because of previous reviews. However our stay was great fist when I emailed management about my concern I got prompt reply and guaranteed great stay by Mr Evans and he followed up with a call halfway through our visit. Most of the front desk staff was on point, helpful and pleasant. The bell staff was very polite and knowledgeable about area. I am a returning local so some of the posture of staff when talking to people ie: no eye contact I understand. However, one of the young ladies at the java stand in the lobby was short abrupt and just rude no smiling and confirmation of query. I even suggest to her that good customer service could get a good review she pointed to front desk and said they have to worry about that not us. In fairness to the other staff of the java stand she stood out as being the worst. Continuing with the Good stuff, Resturant food was great brunch was delicious on the weekend. Housekeeper was very pleasant and helpful. Easy access to biggest roundabout in the world The queens park savannah. It was a great stay.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Vaughn J
HiltonTrinidad, General Manager at Hilton Trinidad and Conference Centre, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I will follow up with you on your comments and I am happy your stay was enjoyable.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 8, 2014

The service was extremely slow and rude. We felt very unwelcome. The floor we were on was damp and smelt like mildew. Waited over an hour for an extra blanket only to be told they didn't have any. Waited 30 min to get into the dining area for breakfast, in which case we had to rush to eat as they started packing up the buffet.
Pool area was nice for lounging, but pool was dirty.

Definitely would not stay here again for the cost.

Room Tip: The higher the room number, the lower the floor level (it's build on a hill and rooms go down th...
3 Thank FoodEater123
Thank you for your review. Please contact me at leroy.browne@hilton.com to discuss your stay in more detail.
Port fo Spain, Trinidad and Tobago
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We only stayed one night at the Hilton since our son was graduating and the dance was held at the hotel. We checked in a little after 3pm which is standard time for most hotels, only to be told that our room was not ready and could not say when it would be ready. When I asked to be put in another room while ours was cleaning, since we were pressed for time, we were then told ok the room is ready. Other than that there was no interaction with any other member of staff We had to find our room ourselves which was confusing since this hotel is numbered upside down....I would not stay here again. The rooms were badly in need of an upgrade and very small.

1 Thank Neal R
Thank you for your response. Please contact me at your convenience at leroy.browne@hilton.com to discuss this in more detail. Please accept my appologies for any inconvenience experienced.
Diego Martin, Trinidad and Tobago
Reviewed July 8, 2014

It is the most hospitable hotel and I feel at home. The staff made my staff a great experience, home away from home. My breakfast and in house dinning left me totally satisfied, the quality of the food and the presentation was great. I was able to rest comfortably in the quiet dreamy room. My check-in experience was simple and very professional.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you!
Chaguanas, Caroni, Trinidad and Tobago
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

For the double holiday long weekend, I stayed here for some well deserved RnR.
The location was excellent. Very close to my liming/hang out spots on Ariapita Avenue. And in the morning went for an early morning jog around the QPS to be treated to an excellent buffet breakfast. My short stay prompted me to work harder and I anxiously look forward to my next Staycation

• Stayed June 2014
We can't wait to welcome you back!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Port of Spain
The Carlton Savannah
The Carlton Savannah
#14 of 21 in Port of Spain
D' Coconut Cove Holiday Beach Resort

Been to Hilton Trinidad and Conference Centre? Share your experiences!