“I will definitely be coming back”

Hilton Trinidad and Conference Centre
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Port of Spain
Reviewed May 10, 2014

I had a wonderful stay at the Hilton hotel. The hotel is well maintained and the staff is very polite and extremely helpful. The room was pristine. I loved everything about it. My most memorable is the bed which felt as if you were sleeping on a cloud. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. 5 stars!!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HiltonTrinidad, General Manager at Hilton Trinidad and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Thank you for your response and hope to see you back soon!

There are newer reviews for Hilton Trinidad and Conference Centre

Reviewed May 10, 2014

I have stayed in many Hilton Hotels over many years in many countries and I have never, ever experienced anything quite like this! The only redeeming features were that the majority of the staff were friendly and the sheets were clean. Everything else in the hotel was of a very poor standard. The hotel reminded me of a construction site. The public areas were tatty and worn out, even rather grubby. Dead plants all over the place, a dirty, green swimming pool with tiles missing and broken edges. No towels by the poolside. The food was average and the restaurant itself resembled a college canteen and I wasn't too impressed to be told (with a slight smile) that 'if you want more than Continental breakfast you'll have to pay'. The Hilton Honours desk was unmanned on all the occasions I went to the lobby (that in itself was not easy considering the condition of the lifts). It was impossible to speak to the front desk or housekeeping on the telephone - it just rang and rang. The Executive Lounge was awful. I asked for a Gin and Tonic to be told, accompanied by a complacent shrug, there was no tonic in the hotel and hadn't been for several months. Truly a terrible experience. This hotel is not worthy of the Hilton name and for the sake of the company's reputation should be withdrawn from their portfolio.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Charlotte-RoseBelle

Thank you for your response. Please contact me at leroy.browne@hilton.com to discuss this in more detail.

Reviewed May 9, 2014

I had a most relaxing and sometimes exciting time [especially the Callaloo Soup] and the new Lounge on the Lobby Level at the Trinidad Hilton...I didn't need to leave the premises except to visit Maracas Bay and do some shopping. It was a completely wonderful and satisfying experience for ten days. I highly recommend this scene to all for a great experience. Keep up the good works. Sincerely, Philip Sturm/Jeremy La Fave.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your response and I am pleased you tried Luce, the new Sushi lounge. Hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed May 8, 2014

Very od hotel with minimum maintainance, wouldn't recomend this hotel at all. There are other options in Port of Spain for the same price range, the Hyatt being probably the best option. Elevators in bad condition, carpets smell, room with old furniture, open bar with the view to the Savanah park was eliminated in exchange for a sushi bar and in general the sorrounding gardens are dry ( the dry season should enforce the hotel to have a water treatment plant that would allow them to water the gardens with the waste water coming from the hotel. In general very bad hotel, not representative of a Hilton in my mind, unless Hilton brand is deteriorating dramatically.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Luis H

Thank you for taking the time to write this response. Our 52 year old hotel is very much in good condition and in very high demand. We are in the process of changing out our carpets and elevators. The room furniture was changed in the last 5 years and we are experiencing a dry spell island wide. Our new Sushi Lounge Luce is receiving great reviews; this lounge is privately operated.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

I always take time to write reviews because I believe reviews are a helpful tool for travelers.
I decided to stay at the Hilton for my 2014 visit to Trinidad. The rates were reasonable (or so I was led to believe, until I checked out). This hotel is supposedly referred to as the “Upside Down” hotel. The elevator is where this is the most obvious. The “up” symbol means that you want to go downstairs and vice versa.
Overall the staff in the dining areas and housekeeping was extremely friendly, however the service is subpar. No one ever answered the guest services phone, ever. So every time we needed additional items, we had to take the up elevator down to the front desk and speak to them in person. Instead of receiving the item at the front desk, I was informed to go back to my room and the item would be sent up right away. Right away, meant 30 minutes later. The housekeeping staff always left only 2 towels in the room although they were aware that I was staying with two additional adults and a toddler, and I requested clean towels daily. They never left wash cloths and never replaced the garbage can with a plastic bag.
The children’s television station was in Spanish only (I don’t get it).
The food is extremely overpriced, we paid $70 US for 2 meals that should have cost $30US (Roti and curry are not that expensive). Breakfast is the best meal they provide. Dinner was too salty. The dining staff was friendly and I would like to thank Marva for making our stay as pleasant as possible.
Although the hotel has been updated to modern appliances, the bathroom was not cleaned properly (hair and sand in the shower stall the first day we arrived). The beds were made neatly but the bedding was stained. The carpet was never vacuumed and to mask the odor there is an automatic air freshener that sprays about every hour.
Upon checkout the final bill was $1200 US more than the quoted price because the hotel failed to alert me that there was an error in the reservation and the additional cost was added to accommodate the third adult. POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE.
Finally, the pool should be updated.
The Courtyard Marriott, although smaller, is a much better hotel and I plan to return to that establishment in the future. I will also try the Hyatt and I saw a new hotel near the airport as well. I think this hotel has great potential, but it is poorly managed and understaffed. I can also tell that they do not treat their employees well. I plan to forward a letter to Headquarters because the Carnival season is quickly approaching and I am sure this hotel will have the audacity to charge people over $400US a night.

Room Tip: The hotel is a maze.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank 1oakroberts718

Thank you for your feedback. Please contact me directly at leroy.browne@hilton.com so we can discuss this and arrive at a satisfactory conclusion. I am looking forward to your direct contact at your convenience.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

It seems that Hilton does not care for business. Customer service is nothing like Hyatt just one mile away. To even make reservations is a hassle. Responses are untimely. No special treatment for Hilton Honors members as is evident at other hotels

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your feedbak and I would love to have the opportunity to discuss your concerns with you. Please contact me at your convenience at leroy.browne@hilton.com to discuss this in detail.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

This hotel has great views and amazing staff. I had my wedding there and it was amazing. The only negative thing is that the cab fares to anywhere outside the hotel is very expensive. Besides that it great place to stay and great accommodations....

Stayed: April 2014

Thank you for your comments and for choosing us for your special day. Looking forward to having you back with us!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Port of Spain
D' Coconut Cove Holiday Beach Resort
The Carlton Savannah
The Carlton Savannah
#16 of 22 in Port of Spain

Been to Hilton Trinidad and Conference Centre? Share your experiences!