“Hilton Trinidad”

Hilton Trinidad & Conference Centre
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Port of Spain
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Nice hotel, has everything you would expect from a Hilton. Great breakfast, nice pool. Room was spacious and comfortable. Beware though - we were subjected to extremely loud music continuing until 1am on one of the nights we were there. Tried to call to complain, but lines were busy (presumably too many people trying!!)

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HiltonTrinidad, General Manager at Hilton Trinidad & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Thanks for your response. We are unfortunately unable to control external events that occur nearby, however please accept our appology for the obvious inconvenience you experienced. We are located next to the Savannah where events occur year round, particularly at carnival and they tend to finish around 1 AM. We do host events on the property as well and they normally end around mid-night. This is however not an everyday occurrence and always well managed in terms of sound. Once we are aware of events we advise guests acordingly. Hope to see you back soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,894)

Reviewed January 14, 2014

The room was smelly and we had problems with the bathroom door. We booked a room with two beds but had to spend the first night in a one bed and had to fight with reception to get a room change the 2nd night. The bath room door was faulty and we got locked in there. Maintenance had to break down the room door to let us out of the bathroom. Fortunately there was aphone in the bathroom.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Maricilla W

Thank you for your response. My sincere appologies for your experience with us. Please contact me at your convenience to discuss this further at leroy.browne@hilton.com. I would like to get some more details and appologies to you in person.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

My stay at the Trinidad Hilton was very good. There was one individual by the name of Mrs. Moses who was very hospitable to myself and those who assisted me in planning a surprise for my husband's Birthday. If there was anything that I noticed it would be that on our visit there was only one bathrobe available instead of two and also it being my second visit to the Trinidad Hilton each time we had to open a bottle of wine there was no wine opener. On our last stay when we made a call to get one we were told that if someone had to bring the wine opener we will be charged so it will be better if we go collect one ourselves. In my mind I thought if you are bringing us a bottle of wine surely you must know it requires the use of a wine opener. However those two incidents did not dampen our stay it was still beautiful. I would recommend Trinidad Hilton as a place to visit to anyone. Oh and if you are going to Trinidad Hilton ask for Mrs. Moses she is wonderful.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your review. Ms. Moses is definitely one of our many stars so I am not surprised by your comments. We will definitely share this with her. On the matter of the wine opener, you are absolutely correct! A wine opener must always be presented with the wine, as is the normal standard. We have absolutely addressed this and the comment you received. Looking forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed January 11, 2014

I was "upgraded" when I arrived however the room was smaller than the other rooms I had received in previous visits. The front desk clerk argued about the bed and breakfast rate. He would not give breakfast ocupons to me other any other people in my party. I should have at least been given Continental breakfast coupons per the diamond benefits outline. The check in process started one of the worst visits I had ever had with Hilton. After my check in, I unpacked in my room and a short while later attended dinner with my group. After dinner I returned to my room and found that the water bottles I had placed in my refrigerator were not cold. I also had not received my breakfast coupons that the front desk clerk had promised to deliver. I went to the front desk and spoke to the same gentleman, I explained to him that i had not received my coupons. He raised his voice and said the issue had been resolved. I asked him how, and he responded that they would be delivered. I asked him when and he said later. I asked why had the other desk clerk provided another in my party their breakfast coupons. He turned to the other clerk and he recommended that he give me some until it was sorted out with the manager. I asked to speak to the manager and he told me that he was not available. He begrudgingly gave me one coupon for the next morning. I then proceed to inform him that my refrigerator was not cooling my water. He explained that the hotel had purchased over 100 new refrigerators and a lot of them were not working. I asked him to bring me one that was, he stated that they did not have anymore. I asked him to place me in a room that had a working frig and he stated that there was no way for him to know which rooms had working refrigerators. I asked him if that was really his answer and he smiled. The executive lounge was also closed for the duration of the stay. The room noise on New years ever was so loud I did not fall asleep until the party was over at 4am. This was so inconsiderate for business travelers. I will not recommend this hotel to any business travelers.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank thebiigtoe

Thank you for your response and for taking my call to discuss your review. Please also accept our appologies for the manner in which this was handled. This matter has been addressed with the team member and indeed the entire team with action taken to ensure there will be no reoccurrence. We do have mini bar refridgerators in most rooms and mini refridgerators in others. We recognize there is sometimes a higher demand for mini refridgerators and we will eventually update all our rooms to mini refridgerators. Meanwhile we are working on having an increased supply of spare mini refridgerators on request.
This feedback was very helpful and taken very seriously. Thank you for caring enough to share it with us.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

The staff was unable to book a cab to the airport. We did it ourselves, during the rare period when the wifi we paid for was working. Need I say more?

Hilton does not care enough to maintain this property. They figure the nice view will keep people coming.

My advice is to stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kevin-Sonia S
HiltonTrinidad, General Manager at Hilton Trinidad & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. Please contact me directly for additional feedback. We strive to exceed exoectations and use feedback such as this to identify issues and apply the appropriate resolution.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

leroy.browne@hilton.com

Reviewed January 9, 2014

A beautiful hotel, nestled in the heart of the city, but with a hint of country feel. The ambience from all angle of this top notch hotel is absolutely remarkable, and the service is very professional, and yet the staff has a warm and sensuous feel to them, adding to the beauty of the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Cassandra F

Thank you and wish you a speedy return.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

We arrive for one night with my family (2 rooms x 6 peopler), the hotel service is good, the beds are confortable and the location and view are great. The maintenance looks bad (old hotel with lot of repairs going on) and cleanliness is poor.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your response and for choosing to stay with us. We will continue to work at improving the product and you will see positive improvements on your return.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Port of Spain
Kapok Hotel
#6 of 21 in Port of Spain
D' Coconut Cove Holiday Beach Resort
Holiday Inn Express Trincity Trinidad Airport

Been to Hilton Trinidad & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!