Hilton Trinidad & Conference Centre
Kapok Hotel(Port of Spain)
$149
$133
Hotels.com
Forty Winks Inn(Port of Spain)
$109
Palm's Hotel Trinidad(Port of Spain)
$86
$175
$149
$139
$137
Radisson
The Chancellor Hotel(Port of Spain)
$139
$135
$117
$100
$86
  • Breakfast included
Sundeck Suites(Port of Spain)
$88
  • Restaurant
1,950 results
All reviewsthe executive loungepool terracelobby barenjoyed my stayqueens parkupsidetrinidadbusinessspainportsavannahgymcarnivalpospoolsidezoo
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 3, 2013

My husband knew more of what to expect from Trinidad than I did, he had prepared me which was good. All things considered this was a fine hotel, I did not see any that were better during our stay. It is old and it has been renovated and you are in Trinidad not a cosmopolitan tourist area. The front desk staff were very nice to us and gave us a great room with a good view, directly down the hall from the executive lounge. The first night we had dinner/snack and drinks outside which is serviced by the bar, the service was just fine, no real problems at all. The remainder of the time we took advantage of the exec lounge and may I say the majority of Hilton's could take lessons from this one on how an exec lounge should be serviced. The staff was fantastic, the food was good and even the alcohol was complimentary (it's been a long time since I have experienced that in an exec lounge).
The pool was cute, everyone seemed to be having a great time.
I have no complaints at all with this property and would and will stay again. You just need to keep in mind when traveling that different cultures have different behaviors and standards.

Room Tip: Pay additional for the exec level room which includes the lounge. Be friendly and humble and ask for a better room and view at check in, in which case you're more apt to get one.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
HiltonTrinidad, General Manager at Hilton Trinidad & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Thank you for your comments and hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed December 3, 2013

The hotel is screaming for a renovation. The rooms are fairly musty, with creaking, warped balcony doors (mine couldn't even close completely, and I had an inch thick opening, letting in noise from the road going around Queen's Savannah). Mind you, this was a room on the Executive floor - I shudder to think about the rest. More on the "Executive" end of things in a moment.

I've arrived with a group of colleagues, and we were promptly and quite forcefully told, that our rooms are not available, and we would have to wait, for quite a while.

At this space in time, I've mentioned that I am Hilton Gold. The response I got could only be interpreted as either disbelief, or a complete lack of training on how to deal with Gold patrons. I am not a "Do you know who I am" type, at all, but there is a certain degree of basic politeness, and then there is a degree of dealing with higher end loyalty clients.

I actually had to start raising my voice and what not, until the desk lady finally realized she would have a scandal on her hands, which is when me and my colleagues got our rooms - not the greatest way to make people feel welcome...

On the other hand, many of the hotel's employees are exceptionally friendly, and take the time to stop and ask you if you need anything.

The breakfast is EXTREMELY expensive. Mine was free because it is free for Gold members, however my colleagues paid exorbitant amounts.

There is free WiFi in the lobby. To have WiFi in the room, you either have to have status, or pay for it.

Bottom line, I probably would not repeat, unless I needed Hilton stays to keep my gold status.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Thanks for your feedback. We do honor our Hilton Honors members highly and I hope this experience did not deter you from visiting us again. I sincerely appologies and I will look into your concerns. We love having you stay with us!

Reviewed November 30, 2013

The best part of the stay was bird watching from my balcony, as the property is located on a lush hillside. There is a problem with parking, especially if they are having an event. Don't expect good service. A very few of the staff are good. Others treat you as if they are doing you a favor by serving you. At the bar, the bar tenders try to find out your likes so they can put you down for them. They seem to love arguing about what football is and how wrong you are about anything and everything you like. There is nothing to do nearby. It isn't family oriented. You're basically treated as an imposition to them. The concierge lounge had a very poor selection, but one of the few attentive wait staff. I'm not planning a trip back to Trinidad.

Room Tip: My room was a decent room on the 6th floor facing the tennis courts. It was quiet with a lovely view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank besttsktsk

Thanks for your response. I will look into your concerns and comments.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

A property in a location that offers great views. Was here for work, for one week. Room was excellent (just renovated apparently), breakfast buffet was really good, gym was ok, pool area was ok. Overall a good experience although in parts of the hotel you can really feel it is an old property. Maintenance is not at it’s best. WiFi was not the best either. Constantly dropping, and weak signal in the room ; low strength in the room and in the meeting room. Good strength in public areas. On the negatives: the ridiculous system of vouchers that you need to show for breakfast. If you forget the voucher, servers are not too happy, although in general I thought service was excellent, always with a smile. If I come back for personal reasons, one turn off would be that it is far from everything, and taxis from the hotel are a rip-off (14 USD for a ride to the Long Circular Road Mall, which should cost no more than 2 or 3 dollars). Breakfast was amazing!

1  Thank Xaviero76

Thanks for your feedback and suggestions. This will go a long way in improving our service.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Front desk staff was not attentive, was curt and not very helpful in providing any info on things to do during my visit. What disturbed me more, was when I checked out, the staff was unbelievably rude! I asked her if she could assist me in finding out if my flight was on time and her response was, she is not my secretary and it is not her job to provide such help. I found that kind of behavior unbecoming for the service that is expected from the Hilton brand, it is not the kind of experience I am accustom to and come to expect when I stay with such quality name brand hotel. However the location and the surrounding was pleasant.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thanks for your feedback. Please accept my appologies for your experience. Please also contact me at leroy.browne@hilton.com for follow up.