“I always enjoy the Hilton”

Hilton Trinidad & Conference Centre
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Port of Spain
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

I spent the weekend at the Hilton with my family and we had a great time, the kids truly enjoyed the stay.
As with every time I stay at the Hilton I always leave thinking about my next stay.
In all honesty the hotel does show signs of some wear and tear, but in my opinion, it is still in a good condition.
What makes it my #1 choice when staying in Port-of-Spain? The friendliness and willingness of the staff. The staff always makes my stay much more comfortable (Melissa who restocked the tea supplies, Gary who delivered in room dinning, Marvin the bellman, Sheldon the bartender, and the others whose name I can't remember) every single member of staff we came into contact with was very nice.
Breakfast at the restaurant was good as usual, the wide variety of things to choose from. The children were amazed by the choices.

Stayed: October 2013
HiltonTrinidad, General Manager at Hilton Trinidad & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience and particularly for singling out members of our team who made your stay memorable. We are very proud of our team members and i will ensure these comments are shared with them.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,918)

Reviewed October 17, 2013

The room I stayed in was really nice and clean but without the view I requested. I had encountered a minor problem with room safe but that was quickly addressed. Beautiful pools, buffet breakfast "excellent" I did not have lunch or dinner there so cant comment. I requested a cork screw from the bar (called from my room) I was told its on the way but it never reached. I called about 3 times within a couple of hours and was told its coming. That spoiled my night.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and my appologies for your experience.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

The hotel is extremely well located, just above Savannah Park and not far from the Botanic Garden, which was ideal for my morning 1 hour daily run. As a 5 stars hotel, the service and infrastructure is outstanding. The vegetation in the gardens and the swimmingpool are very nice and well-kept. Foos is good and has an overall good price-quality relation. Brakfast buffet offers local fresh fruits and many options. The gym is very big and with excellent infrastructure. Staff is friendly. Taxis organised by the hotel are extremely costly but guests can just decend the hill (5' walking) and catch a taxi from the street which will cost a lot less. Overall a good experience. I fully recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013

Thank you for your response and hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I spent my birthday this year with my husband at the Hilton on September 14, 2013 and I must say it was a memorable experience! The service was excellent, I got cake with a candle to make a wish (one candle lol)! The view was panoramic. My husband and I usually stay at one of the hotels in Port of Spain to celebrate our special occasions anniversary / birthday / mothers day etc and this is the first time we did not leave the hotel to go out on the town. Thank you to the management and staff for an excellent stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

You are very welcome and we are looking forward to your next celebration.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

This was the worse hotel experience ever. No TV remote and got one an hour later after calling several times, no shower towels, called to get some and received them one hour later while we were on our way out the room to a meeting, no pool towels and staff was unhelpful when asked to get some for us, front desk phone rings and no one answers, internet in lobby area constantly down, when reported to staff they said there is nothing they can do, had to push our five pieces of luggage out of hotel to the car because bell man never came even though we requested one three times, reported matter to front desk manager who handled the situation poorly and seemed more upset at us for being angry about the issue and parking lot security rude and unwilling to assist.
Best employees Mauricia, hotel lobby bar ambassador and Stacy in dinning area. Will never stay at this hotel ever again. Trinidad Hyatt here we come!!!!!

Room Tip: Do not stay here choose another hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Liz S

Thank you for your response regarding your stay and my appologies for your experience.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

We stayed for two nights in an executive room. The room was well appointed, clean and everything worked. They have, though, a quite bizzare choice of TV channels, with little of interest on.
Service levels were good, the main restaurant was being re-decorated so we didn't eat dinner. Breakfast though was very good.
The pool area looks bnothing like the picture, and is badly in need of up-dating. We ate luc at he pool bar and were driven insane by the mosquitoes.
Overall though a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your response. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope to have you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

The women staff was unfriendly, the internet didnt work, the wifi didnt work, food took forever (however was very tasty) but took a really long time. Does not know how to make a martini and told me the olives were pretty old. The room was damp the bed etc...smelled musty. No one notified me as they were asked to do so. They said we do not bring anythign to rooms. and Ran out of taxies and the gift shop so to speak was horendous and the items were weird. They did not have anythign inthere the bell man said they did.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Elizabeth T

Thank you for your response. Please feel free to contact me directly to discuss this further.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Port of Spain
Kapok Hotel
#6 of 21 in Port of Spain
Holiday Inn Express Trincity Trinidad Airport
D' Coconut Cove Holiday Beach Resort

Been to Hilton Trinidad & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!