“Beautiful but expensive” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Port of Spain
stoke
“Beautiful but expensive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 1 night. The rooms were the best we have ever stayed in.
The pool area is fabulous with towels provided and a gym are close by. Free wifi in the business room which was very helpful.
Only problem was prices . $16 US were advertised for an English breakfast but when we payed it was $64 for 3 and beer was advertised at 3 and ended up $5.5 .
Not to bad but prices just not transparent.
Overall fantastic place to stay in luxury

• Stayed April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DBD-HTrinidad, Director of Sales at Hilton Trinidad and Conference Centre, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear yozzerstoke:

We are glad to know you had an enjoyable stay with us.

Thank you for comments and feedback as these help to to improve even more our services and facilities. Prices in our menus normally do not include taxes and mandatory service charge. Please contact us if charged amounts are different from this.

We hope to conitunue being your preferred option next time you stay in Port of Spain!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
  • Czech first
  • Turkish first
Trinidad and Tobago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

My wife and I spent our 28th wedding anniversary here.The staff was most courteous and helpful.The room was clean and comfortable and quiet.The food was excellent.We will definitely be coming back and recommending this hotel to our family and friends.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear tripadvisor member:

Thank you for sharing your review. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We know you have different choices and we thank you for your preference. We look forward to have you back with us soon.
Boston
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

I attended the Caribbean Animal Welfare Conference here. Despite our request for a room with a view, we were assigned a room in the oldest part of the hotel looking straight out at a dusty pathway coming up from town. The refrigerator did not work, the shower had a leak, and you needed a miner's helmet to read at night. All of that was tolerable, and the staff addressed our complaints quickly (though they could do nothing about the terrible lighting and the broken shower door that caused water to cascade onto the bathroom floor). Food and service at the conference was excellent. What was problematic were restaurant meals. They did away with any menu and served a buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner. Way too much food and way too expensive ($52 US) with no way to get only a cup of coffee, a bowl of fresh fruit or cereal. Try the restaurant next to the pool: the same nice staff and you can order off a menu with limited offerings.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view, but don't be surprised if you are told there are none which is paten...
Dear Caribbeana:

Thank you for sharing your review with us!

We appreciate your comments and suggestions as they will allow us to improve our service and facilities. We are sorry to know that we did not meet your expectations. Thank you for your compliments on our service.

We look forward to having the opportunity to offer a better experience on your next visit!
nyc
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

My stay was in early April 2013, I have stayed in the hotel before but I believe the rooms have been updated!! Very nice rooms and I had late room service two times which was quick and very friendly service attendants. I left my phone charger at my work site and front desk MS. Natalie was so helpful and “Super Courteous” lending me hers!!! What a wonderful young lady with great personality!! She will do “anything” in her power to make your stay more enjoyable and productive. I had the luxury of access to executive lounge for free drinks, food nightly. This is a major plus if you can have access also as the drinks are premium and food is “first rate” (frequent traveler for this hotel brand)!!!!

I recommend this hotel, yes!

Dear DrummondNyc:

We thank you for the review of our hotel on tripadvisor!

We are glad to know that we exceeded your expectations and you had a great stay with us!

Thank you for your complpiments to Natalie. We shared them with her and our team so we continue offering the great service to all our clients!

We look forward for your next visit to Trinidad!
Trinidad and Tobago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

Excellent central location with easy access to transport. Enjoyed the service and pleasantness of staff. Guest room was very comfortable with good amenities. Wi - fi is not free. Would stay again and would recommend to others.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

ny
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

I never thought I would be right now review about this hotel since I stay here so often but here you go..I want to inform all diamond members of this hotel policy when it comes to upgrades they do not honor the upgrades like other hotel facilities.I made a reservation for a studio suite the next room above was a one bedroom suite so when it's available based on your diamond membership you get upgraded to the one bedroom suite I was denied the one bedroom suite because I was already in a suite the hotel told me that I have to pay for it in order to get it..when I checked in the hotel told me the room was not available no more sweets. available I go online and I see the room available I called Hilton Honors and they told me the room was availablewith many more suites available..this hotel knees to get educated on Hilton policies including this staff management especially the supervisor.I stay at Hilton properties worldwide 100 nights a year and this is the only hotel I've ever had a problem with when it comes to an upgrade based on availability when the room is free.my next issue is I wanted to play tennis on the hotel property I ax does the hotel on the tennis court I was told yes they told me I had to pay a fee about 10 to 15 dollars US ...and if I wanted to play tennis when it becomes dark I have to pay another fee for tokens to pay for the lights to come on...so you in the Caribbean where the weather is warm and you most likely want to play tennis during the evening time when the Sun Goes Down so this hotel want to insult for paying to play at night..I have never played tennis here before so the day I decide to play I find this is a really big deal...Sohotel does on the tennis facility it is not run by a third-party of 4th party if it was then I have no problem paying a fee to use the facilities because like other hotel properties when is a third party like the gym etc cetera you pay..anyone who's reading this knows that majority of Hilton Hotels that owns a tennis courts does not charge you to pay or to pay for lights to come on in the dark this knees action immediately because most diamond members don't know anything about it I am informing all members about this immediately...to the hotel please find five hotel in the Caribbean that charges to play tennis and charges them to put a token and the lights can come on to play in the evening and dark time..

• Stayed March 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
DBD-HTrinidad, Director of Sales at Hilton Trinidad and Conference Centre, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear jonny2914:

Thank you for your comments and feedback on your stay. Thank you for your positive ratings on the quality of our rooms, cleanliness and service. Kindly contact us for further details on the areas reported.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

I arrived early from NYC and was assisted at the front desk by Natalie. I am extremely sensitive to mold which is a problem in warmer climates, especially with carpets and air conditioning (a deadly combination). Natalie showed me three rooms and let me choose which I would like. Actually they were all good, but I ended up on the newer block with the best view. She had the patience of a saint. She remained cheerful and polite and went out of her way to be accomodating. The hotel may not be as new and glamorous at the Hyatt (I have stayed there too) but the customer service at check in was simply spectacular & I will definitely comeback here again on my next trip.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the recently refurbished block. The floors are "upside down". The lower f...
Dear KKat_NYC:

Thank you for sharing your experience with us on tripadvisor!

Thank you also for your comments and feedback especially for the great customer service from Natalie. We have shared those with her and our team so we continue doing the good work striving for excellence every day.

We look forward to continue being your preferred choice when you visit Trinidad!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Port of Spain
The Carlton Savannah
The Carlton Savannah
#13 of 21 in Port of Spain
Cara Suites - Pointe a Pierre

Been to Hilton Trinidad and Conference Centre? Share your experiences!