“Needs updating”

Hilton Trinidad and Conference Centre
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Port of Spain
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Went for Sunday lunch and a swim.
Food was lovely with plenty of choice. Room could do with a makeover. Enjoyed the pool are. Plenty ofvtowelscgiven free round the pool and adequate changing facilities.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
DBD-HTrinidad, Director of Sales at Hilton Trinidad and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Dear anenome5:

Thank you for sharing your experience at Sunday brunch with us on tripadvisor!.

Thank you for your very positive comments on the quality of our food, our services and facilities at the pool area.

We hope to continue having your patronage and preference for future visits to Trinidad!

There are newer reviews for Hilton Trinidad and Conference Centre

Reviewed April 7, 2013

This month was a special month in that it was my daughters' birthday and also my bf we did this weekend get away. When we arrived at the hotel we were greeted with warm smiles. check was not as quick but the staff was really friendly. when we got to the room it was clean and spacious. We had a slight mishap with the bathroom which was quickly resolved with the assistance of the staff. The food was extremely good with a wide variety. The Hostess along with other staff were very friendly. Oh and water aerobics with Lisette was awesome.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
DBD-HTrinidad, Director of Sales at Hilton Trinidad and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Dear Gillian D:

We are glad to know that you enjoyed your family getaway with us!! Thank you for your review on tripadvisor!

Thank you also for your positive comments and ranking of our services, facilities and especially, the friendliness of our team .

We hope to continue being your preferred choice for your next getaway!

Reviewed April 6, 2013

While I had a generally good stay at the Hilton Trinidad, my subsequent dealings with them cause me to question the quality of their people.

After the end of my stay, I realized that I had misplaced a copy of my bill. As a fairly frequent Hilton guest, their hotels usually make a copy of the bill available online. The Hilton Trinidad did not. I called the hotel to get a copy. I wouldn't have expected this to be an unusual request, but apparently it is something quite extraordinary for the Hilton Trinidad. The front desk couldn't print and email a copy of the bill, they had to put me on to Accounting. Accounting staff were generally unavailable to answer the phone and when they did, generating bill copy was always someone else's task / responsibility. This continued for more than 2 hours and I had to call repeatedly as staff would disconnect the phone.

Given the number of times that I called, I would have expected front desk to have taken my name, number and my request, with a promise to get back to me promptly. That was not the case. I don't understand how and why getting a bill copy should be complicated and should necessitate speaking to at least 5 different individuals.

I emailed the hotel's General Manager, and did not receive an acknowledgement or a reply. As a guest with a hotel bill that exceeded US$5,000, I expected better.

On other aspects of my stay; front line staff were generally very courteous and efficient. However, my room often had excessive amounts of condensation on the floor near the entrance. Housekeeping made a point of mopping up the water daily, but I would have expected the underlying issue to have been resolved. My inquiries indicated that the hotel was aware of the issue, but hadn't done anything about it.

I found multiple instances of bagged trash left in the hallways. I took pictures; as it turns out, that's the lasting image I will have of this hotel!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank poonadude

Dear poonadude from Toronto:

Thank you for sharing your review with us!

We are sorry to know that we did not make it right when providing a copy of the bill for you stay. Thank you for your feedback and observations. Actions have been taken to revise current procedure so we can provide an efficient and quick service to our clients.

We hope that this isolated incident does not refrain you to consider us for future stays!

Reviewed April 5, 2013

This hotel is geared more towards business travelers. The room was spacious and overlooking a beautiful landscape. Service was excellent at different levels but the food was very expensive. We were lucky to book a bed and breakfast rate. Unfortunately there is no other options other than go to downtown to eat. Keep in mind that the hotel is located on a hill and separated from town by a huge park which is not recommended to venture around at night; for your safety use cab service all the time especially at night. Overall, we experienced a good stay during our business trip, but if you are on vacation I would suggest to look in other places for cheaper options and convenience.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear JayD2006 from Virginia:

Thank you for your review on tripadvisor!

Thank you also your your positive rating on the quality of our rooms, landscape and service. We offer a variety of food options ranging from a fixed price buffet to a la carte varied prices for all needs. We are glad to know however, that overall you had a good experience and a good stay with us.

We hope to continue being considered as a preferred choice next time you visit Trinidad!

Reviewed April 4, 2013

For two mornings, we (the paying guests) were treated as second class citizens. This was due to additional bookings for breakfast being made for non-guests. On Sunday morning, we were told to go to another dining room, where less than half of the items were available. On Monday morning the wait times for a seat were over an hour. We left without having any breakfast. Very poor treatment of the booked guests. The only comments by a supervisor on being asked if it was fair for the booked guests to be treated in such a manner due to the hotel booking outside guests for the breakfast service was that it was "not unfair" and "the hotel could not refuse the bookings".

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Spent a relaxing night at this hotel. The room was a mixture of colonial and modern furnishings. The bathroom was clean with a shower cubicle that allows you to watch TV if you wish!
There was a great outdoor pool area with great views over the Gulf of Paria. A great central location.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Mike e:

Thank you for sharing your experience with us!!

We are happy to learn that we met your expectations during your stay. Thank you for your positive rating on our location, cleanliness, service and sleep quality.

We look forward to offering a new great stay next time you visit us!

Reviewed April 2, 2013

My fiance and I stayed here for two days during the Easter vacation. From the very start of our two day get away was terrible. On checking in, we were made to wait as the check in girl serviced those who came after us. The room was nice and comfortable, but the bathroom had black mold in the corners and between the tiles. We stayed in that night, it was comfortable and quiet. The next day we left the room at 9:30 and went down to breakfast. There was no service at all for breakfast, after being seated, no one came to offer us coffee or tea and there was no napkins on the table. I only saw a server minutes before being finished to get tea. We left the hotel and returned 2pm, no one had been to give us a turn down service. We stayed in the room until 6:30, someone came to give us tea and coffee packets for the coffee machine, we got no water on the second day, because I was told that was only for check- in customers, even though each day, you pay the same rate!. I tried calling housekeeping, front desk, the operator and the concierge (to get a turndown service) from 6 to 6:30 with no answer from anyone. On leaving the hotel at 6:30, we went to the front desk and asked in person specifically " I'd like my towels changed, garbage taken out and the room cleaned" the person at the front desk replied, you just want towels? I replied "no a complete turndown service; I would like the room cleaned completely" We returned to the room 10:30pm to the same state we left it in. No one had even brought clean towels. I called housekeeping after about 10mins, someone answered and told me they were short staffed and only the rooms with customers to check in today were cleaned. She then passed me to Ken, a very nice person, who seemed to understand, but was baffled when he asked me if I can stay in the room as is....there were ants in the room from the garbage! he offered me another clean room (I don't understand how they could of cleaned a room to be left empty but not have the resources to clean mine) and a discount. We had to pack up and the our room right away , which was so inconvenient. the other room was the same, bathroom had the same mold. Breakfast the next morning was the same TERRIBLE SERVICE. However, I went to get my own tea, as I did that I was scolded by two server "MAM, WE WILL BRING THE TEA FOR YOU!" i said I have been waiting for someone to bring me tea for Two days, and left for my table, and had to ask two times again before i got the tea. It was funny, because as I looked around, the white people got great service, but I would guess because we are locals we are supposed to let bad customer service slide and accept what we are given; made to wait in line, dirty room, bad restaurant service. Comparable to other hotels that give locals even better treatment, Hilton is the worst!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shera S

Dear Sheraseeper:

Thank you for sharing your review with us on tripadvisor!

We are sorry to learn that we did not meet your expectations during your stay. Actions have been taken in different areas based on your feedback and observations,

We hope to have a second opportunity to offer you a great experience next time you stay in Port of Spain!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Port of Spain
D' Coconut Cove Holiday Beach Resort
The Carlton Savannah
The Carlton Savannah
#15 of 21 in Port of Spain

Been to Hilton Trinidad and Conference Centre? Share your experiences!