I had a birthday party to go to in Trinidad, so I booked for myself and my sister and my 9 month old nephew to stay here. We arrived at around 7pm on Saturday evening and checked in to a rather unwelcoming receptionist - not what i am used to for the Hilton chain. We were allocated a room on the 9th floor and told where to go. Firstly we got in the lift which clearly has marked to swipe your room card to activate the lift, we did this several times in different directions but the lift did not move. Then we tried to open the doors and it wouldn't so between warmth and panic with a baby this was the start of our problems. Eventually the doors opened briefly - just enough to get out before it closed on the stroller as I was trying to push the baby out. A young staff member -Elizabeth Rivas came to our rescue and took us to another lift and told us to use those, which we did. By now we were hot and flustered. On the 9th floor we followed the signs to our room and got to the end of the floor which did not run to our room number. Eventually we saw a small sign in useless colours - and i wish i had taken a picture now - which showed that we needed to go through another corridor to get to our room. Not impressed! So by now it has taken us around 15 minutes to get to our room! On entering the room we find there are NO amenities! No teabags, coffee, spoons, water, glasses, kettle - NOTHING! Oh apologies there was a Lavazza coffee machine with 2 Lavazza polysterene cups but not even the Lavazza coffee amenities!
I had asked reception to provide 2 pairs of slippers and 2 bathrobes, bearing in mind it had already taken us close to 15 minutes to get to the room they still had not arrived. Somewhat irritated now and with a baby to feed with no kettle i called to housekeeping and requested these things - Some 20 minutes later I still had not received anything, so i called downstairs to front desk and spoke to reception and told him of my annoyance - to which he apologised and said he would contact Housekeeping, as he said this the robes and slippers arrived. It took approximately a further 10 minutes before the other amenities arrived in order to settle my nephew with his bottle etc and I had to call down again to say this is completely unacceptable. Worse still I am a Hilton Honours member and have never experienced this kind of service before! He offered us by way of compensation breakfast, however the issue here is not that we wanted breakfast - but that the room was not prepared ready for our arrival and should never have been allocated to us in the first place. We were facing the road side, because apparently all rooms with 2 beds in them are on the roadside. Surely arriving with an infant a room would have been prepared adequately and further why have rooms with 2 beds on the roadsie so if my nephew was a little older and he wanted to go out onto the balcony - the view would be the roadside??!! Crazy! To compound matters I am due back there for a week in February, and i am dreading it! I sincerely hope they get their act together before then!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel offers 418 guestrooms, a State of the Art Fitness Centre, Executive Club lounge and 10 flexible Meeting rooms. The hotel is strategically located just minutes away from the busy downtown shopping centre, but ideally situated away from the congestion of the city. Enjoy dinning in the cool Caribbean ambiance of the Pool Terrace Garden Restaurant or in the modern contemporary décor of LUCE Sushi Bar & Lounge. The hotel is famous for being one of the few upside-down hotels in the world, is built into the mountainside and set on 25 acres of lush, green landscape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Trinidad & Conference Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Trinidad And Conference Centre Hotel Port Of Spain
- Hilton Hotel Trinidad
- Port Of Spain Hilton
- Hilton Trinidad Hotel
- Hilton Port Of Spain
- Hilton Trinidad & Conference Centre Port Of Spain