“Overall and Friendliness of the staff”

Hilton Trinidad and Conference Centre
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Port of Spain
Barrackpore
“Overall and Friendliness of the staff”
Reviewed May 31, 2011

Special reference to the following:
Front Desk - Ayanna, Keziah, William, Derek, Tessa
Restuarant - Donna, Maureen, Tommy, Annoy, Mauricia,Anil,Francisco, Christine
Cooks - Simba, Binda
Lounge - Gregory, Joelle, Alisha, Melissa, the newcomer Shannon
I know we have many choices available to us, but the above mentioned staff go way above the call to make us feel very welcome and comfortable which makes us feel like family. I take this opportunity to single one special person (Gregory at the lounge), he's too much for us, he goes the EXTRA mile, WE LOVE HIM.

Sincerely
Gangacharan Persad

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
TrinidadHiltonAlkhan, General Manager at Hilton Trinidad and Conference Centre, responded to this review, June 1, 2011
Dearest Hilton Team Members Fan from Barrackpore:

Mr Ganga Charan Persad:

My greetings and sincere thanks for taking the time to appreciate our team members.This is so commendable and great efforts on your part to remember so many of associates names. It is also great to know that they all made the extra effort to let you feel at home and let you and your family attest to as if you were treated as a family.

We also thank you for going the extra recognition for our Gregorie at the lounge,who is a soul of the place. Thank you so much

We hope to see you in not too distant future.

Sincerely, ali

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
  • Czech first
  • Turkish first
Miami Beach
Reviewed May 27, 2011

Stayed 3 nights, unfortunately no view from balcony, not a problem since little time was spent in the room. Our last night we invited a few friends for drinks and appetizers on the terrace off the lobby. It was really quiet, Sunday night, and previous nights they had some live music. My boyfriend requested some music to liven up the atmosphere and they brought out a music player and speakers! How nice of them to do that, so accomodating!

Room Tip: Request a view when making reservation
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
TrinidadHiltonAlkhan, General Manager at Hilton Trinidad and Conference Centre, responded to this review, May 29, 2011
Dear Esteemed Guests from Miami Beach

We are so elated to note that you took your valuable time to review our hotel,product and services.

We understand that view from your balcony was less than perfect,i assure you that if you request in advance hotel has many different views from each balcony View to the City, View of the Mountain, View of Savanna, View of Belmont village, View to Bay of Paria ,View of Swimming Pool and View to the Lady Young Road.
We thank you and your fiancee for appreciating our team members "can do attitude " to accommodate your musical request.
Nothing pleases me more to see our people can take the initiative to respond to the needs of our guests. .

I am sure we shall see you return to our shore to enjoy yet another relaxing long weekend.

San Fernando, Trinidad
Reviewed May 26, 2011

I had a wonderful night at the Hilton recently. I stayed for one night with my fiance and had a wonderful time.
The service is fantastic - everyone was so friendly and helpful.
The room was well-appointed and very comfortable.
We had room service and the meal was quite yummy. I had a salmon club sandwich and my fiance had a chicken sandwich - delish!
Had the buffet breakfast the next morning - good selection and very relaxing.

I would definitely stay at the Hilton again!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
TrinidadHiltonAlkhan, General Manager at Hilton Trinidad and Conference Centre, responded to this review, May 27, 2011
Dear Ms Reahnna ;

First of all my sincere appreciation of your taking the time to appreciate our food,quality and rooms, attitude of our team members and our room service food and delivery.
i am glad that you liked our rooms, decor and over all ambiance .
We hope that you continue to patronize our hotel and enjoy your each visit.

I am elated to know that you found our breakfast and atmosphere relaxing. .

We wish that you hopefully grace your presence in not too distant future.

Sincerely , ali
Port of Spain, Trinidad
Reviewed May 22, 2011

The buffet breakfast on Sundays at the Hilton in Trinidad continues to be the best choice for value and service, when compared to other Hotels and Restaurants in the Port-of-Spain area. The difference with this hotel property as compared to other properties is the large physical land area it occupies. I guess it is because it was of the first major hotels to be established. Subsequently land spaces that were available became smaller due to development. As a result one always feels the spaciousness and comfort throughout. This certainly follows through to the Restaurant. The staff is quite courteous, espcially Mauricia who always remembers our names. The Manager Mr. Ali Khan is often seen greeting the clients.

Room Tip: Request room with view of Port-of-Spain
Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Nigel057
TrinidadHiltonAlkhan, General Manager at Hilton Trinidad and Conference Centre, responded to this review, May 26, 2011
Dear Mr Nigel :

We thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. We are elated to note that Hilton tTinidad continues to be your hotel of choice for quality of service and value.
We are sincerely thankful to you.We know that you do appreciate the landscape and spaciousness and comfort.
We also appreciate that you have recognised the services of our restaurant team members and our hostess Mauricia. We hope that on your next visit i have added pleasure to personally meet and greet you.
My sincere thanks for your continuous trust in us and hope to see you in not too distant future.

Best Wishes

ali
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 19, 2011

I stayed at the Hilton a few months ago and was fortunatte enough to come across a great worker by the name of Mauricia who works in the restaurant/bar. Mauricia was extra attentive and really made my stay a most memorable one.

I had a few bad experiences at the hotel but because of Mauricia I will be coming back to stay at the Hilton.

Please thank Mauricia for making my stay at the Hilton worth while!!

Marc Brevner

• Stayed March 2011
Dear Esteemed Guest from Great City Of New York

We are elated at your review and your taking the time to write such a commendation about our hotel as well about our team member Mauricia .

We do thank you and hpe to have you visit us in not too distant future.

Suffolk, Virginia
Reviewed May 7, 2011

During the week of April 30 to May 7, 2011, I had the pleasure of being a guest at the Hilton Trinidad & Conference Centre. Although my stay involved intense and stressful work while in Trinidad & Tobago, I always found comfort in the warm greetings Donna extended to my colleagues and me every time we visited the restaurant. She learned the names of each person in our work group after our first day at the hotel and treated each of us as individuals. She exuded confidence and demonstrated professionalism while ensuring that the highest level of service was provided. The food was excellent too!

I thank the Hilton Trinidad & Conference Centre for having the vision to place such a personable and efficient employee on staff. I also thank Donna for her kindness and commitment to making our visit an enjoyable and memorable experience. She is a true ambassador and a tremendous asset to the Hilton Trinidad & Conference Centre.
When my travels cause me to return to Port of Spain, whether for business or pleasure, the Hilton will always be my first choice. Again, thank you and best wishes to the entire staff. I must repeat, the Caribbean cuisine was outstanding.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
TrinidadHiltonAlkhan, General Manager at Hilton Trinidad and Conference Centre, responded to this review, May 9, 2011
Dear Esteemed Guest :

I thank you for your review of 7th May. We are really elated at the show of your loyalty and appreciation of our hotel,cuisine, ambiance and special mention about our people and our hostess and more than all, your so postive frequent experience.
We are further thankful to you of appreciating our very special local cuisine and our relaxed setting to re-juvenate and re-energized our guest.
Our team members are known for their simple, genuine personalities and do care individually ,as they are not programmed . We are fortunate to have them custom design the experience of our customers and guests such as you, who appreciate the genuiness of people.

Once again thank you for always selecting our BRAND and in particular this Iconic and Historic UP-Side Down Hilton.

Once again I thank you immensely.

Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 5, 2011

Superb staff, excellent room, problems sorted at once, business meetings well looked after. All the facilities you'd expect. Excellent food buffet style and very good service but for full table service go to the Hyatt. Only no-no is the lobby coffee bar, more like a downtown fast-food outlet, spoils the whole experience.

Room Tip: Executive rooms well worth the extra.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
TrinidadHiltonAlkhan, General Manager at Hilton Trinidad and Conference Centre, responded to this review, May 7, 2011
Dear Esteemed Guest ;

We thank you for your detailed review and positive feedback. We most certainly are elated at such an experience where you appreciated our team members services, quality of our rooms, food and superb services.
we continue to listen to our customers such as you, so we can further add value to your continuous experience and delight.
We look forward to your visit,by then our new pool bar/grill will be completed.
Thank you and happy Mother's Day.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Port of Spain
D' Coconut Cove Holiday Beach Resort
The Carlton Savannah
The Carlton Savannah
#15 of 21 in Port of Spain

Been to Hilton Trinidad and Conference Centre? Share your experiences!