Hilton Trinidad & Conference Centre
Forty Winks Inn(Port of Spain)
$109
Hyatt Regency Trinidad(Port of Spain)
$210
$179
Hyatt.com
Palm's Hotel Trinidad(Port of Spain)
$100
$149
$199
Kapok Hotel(Port of Spain)
$149
$133
Travelocity
The Chancellor Hotel(Port of Spain)
$139
$135
$108
$95
$104
$86
  • Breakfast included
Sundeck Suites(Port of Spain)
$88
  • Restaurant
1,950 results
All reviewsthe executive loungepool terracelobby barenjoyed my stayqueens parkupsidetrinidadbusinessspainportsavannahgymcarnivalpospoolsidezoo
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 12, 2011

This hotel does not meet the Hilton customer service standard. My friend and I went for Carnival for the first time. You would think the hotel would offer more assistance with a schedule or something or at least have knowledgeable staff that could help right? Not the case. Any questions were answered with half correct responses. The biggest customer service issue was getting dinner. This hotel is not close to other food options within walking distance at nite for 2 women. My friend and I are Black women in our early 30's and were warned about venturing off. We went to an event and returned to the hotel for dinner. We were told we could get dinner on the terrace. The first waitress never approached us. I was able to flag down a second one when she appeared 15 minutes later. After waiting for menus and getting other confusing details straight we placed our orders. We got our food almost 2 hrs later after I visited Vashti the guest solutions desk who involved Stacy, the assistant manager who took care of our meal. We noticed non- Black patrons around us who had arrived before and after received their meals before in a more timely manner. Could have been a coincidence but I doubt it after talking to locals. Every time we ate at the hotel which includes the restaurant and the bar there were customer service issues. The best parts of the Hilton Trinidad were the actual accomodations, cleanliness, house keeping response, Vashti and Stay. As a Hilton honors silver member I was very disappointed with the customer service and this post is leaving out a lot of examples of poor customer service. Spend your money at the Hyatt.

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank drea1908
TrinidadHiltonAlkhan, General Manager at Hilton Trinidad & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2011

Dear Guests and Our Honors Silver Member

Greetings and i thank you for your review. I am glad that two of our associates were helpful. However I must apology that your experience at the hotel while dining was less than perfect. This review further emphasises, and gives us opportunity to learn from these rather inconvenient customer service issues and do more of training , coaching and counselling to some of our newer team members.
This is in no way a substitute or an excuse to our less than perfect service for you and your companion.

As a silver member ,we cherish your business and I feel fully responsible for this lapse or lack of such expected service . I hope I have an opportunity to personally speak or able to write to you,so we can strive to earn your return visit.

I can be reached through my e mail ali.khan@hilton.com or 868 680 9822.

In the meantime i wish you a great spring season and Happy Easter.

ali khan

Reviewed March 11, 2011

My friends and I were traveling to Trinidad - a foreign country that none of us had ever been in - so I selected the Hilton for our stay so that we would have a little bit of the comforts of home, would know what to expect, etc. We were very wrong.

I booked my hotel a year in advance to guarantee both a good rate and my room. I booked 2 rooms, each with two double beds to accommodate myself and my travel companions. When we arrived, we were given two rooms, each with one king bed it in. I had people who spent thousands of dollars to go on this trip SLEEPING ON THE FLOOR because the hotel was booked and they couldn't give us anything else. This would not have been so horrible had the hotel staff been the least bit apologetic or helpful. Instead, they charged us extra money for having more than 2 people in a king bed room -- it was THEIR mistake for having given us the room type different than what I ordered and then we were charged an additional $200 US for their screw up? Not to mention every time one of us needed some sort of service from the hotel, they would question our room situation and complain that we had too many people and we would have to explain the situation over and over again. They didn't document the mistake in the reservations system to note that we had an odd case for the week we were staying there. They even denied us extra blankets for those who had to sleep on the floor because they could "only give one room so many blankets" when - again- it was their screw up that we had to sleep on the floor to begin with.

I am beyond angry with the Hilton and this whole situation. I will never recommend the Trinidad Hilton to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank beckysingson
TrinidadHiltonAlkhan, General Manager at Hilton Trinidad & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2011

Dear Distinguished Guest from Great city of Cincinnati:

I thank you for your very detailed review. First of all my sincere apology for the very incident. We certainly were very busy and had a sell out great canival. But since it is a weekend ,i have to further invesitgate what may have transpired? In the mean time rest assured that we do value your business and once i have the opportunity to amend ,i most certainly will do. After all any incident such as this will not go unnoticed or amended. Please feel free to contact at my e mail ali.khan@hilton.conm or 868 680 9822 .You will be able to contact me 27/7.
Sincerely ,Ali

Reviewed March 11, 2011

This hotel is awesome. The staff is great and wonderful. Thank you Maricia and Korean for taking such good care of me. I was there for Carnival and you guys made my stay so warm and comfortable. I can't express my gratitude enough. I will see you guys next year.....

Dale
Room 763

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed March 11, 2011

I booked a group of 20 rooms at the Hilton Trinidad and we were well taken care of. From setting up the trip with Kelly to Kazyiah's help at the front desk ensured everyone in my group had a great stay at Hilton. Kelly and Kazyiah were very helpful in helping me upgrading my room to a studio suite. They displayed excellent customer service and professionalism as well as all the hotel staff. Everyone in my groupm, from Atlanta, New York & Miami, enjoyed their stay and had nothing but great things to say about the Hilton and their staff, they especially loved the food. For some of them it was their first time in Trinidad and are very excited to to back. We would definitely stay here again..

• Stayed: March 2011
TrinidadHiltonAlkhan, General Manager at Hilton Trinidad & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2011

Dear Guest;

Greetings and many thanks for your recent review. We sincerely grateful to you in acknowledging the services of my associates and many others who made extra efforts in ensuring that your group of revellers and first time visitors in your party enjoyed our country and especially our team members services and our food.
We are equally elated that sheer your and your guests experience ,will be a main reason of your returning to our country and our hotel.
We look forward to your return visit and hope that you share your positive experience with friend and your family.
they all can reach by either calling at my mobile 868 680 9822 or my direct e mail ali.khan@hilton.com.

Thank you and I wish you a great year ahead.

ali

Reviewed March 10, 2011

Really enjoyed my stay (25/2/2011 thru 08/03/2011) especially at breakfast where the choices and variety of dishes were incredible.Your hostess "Maurcia" was a true delight to be around .She was very professional and informative and I felt as though she was family. Also "Derek "your front desk associate was very helpful in resolving a major problem we encountered. My hats of to him! Yours truly,The Joesphs and the Gobins (rooms 610 and 611)

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family

Dear Guest from New York ;

We are elated to know that your recent visit and stay experience to our hotel was good. We are also very happy to know that you enjoyed the quality and choices available at our very popular breakfast.
We also thank you for acknowledging two of my associates ,who continue to show their warmth and art of hospitality to our guests.
We hope to earn a return visit to our shores and to our hotel in not too distant future.

We wish you a healthy ,happy and blessed year ahead.

Sincerely , ali