All reviews tiki village kava bar rooftop restaurant valley zoo clean hotel botanical gardens continental breakfast pool area queens park walking distance reception desk flat screen tv enjoyed my stay water pressure visiting trinidad tikki savannah
Selected filters
Reviewed January 11, 2019

my mother's surprise 75 bday celebration dinner at tiki village on 31st December was fantastic and it was all because of Mandy the supervisor. From the planning of the menu to the sevice on the night she was truly a dream, and ensured that everything went well. Our party of 20 persons can't stop talking about it.
Thank you so much Mandy. If there are more persons like her, there won't be any bad reviews related to service.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Kapok1618, Guest Relations Manager at Kapok Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to rate us and give us feedback. We are truly elated that you had a great experience here at Kapok Hotel and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed January 4, 2019 via mobile

Stayed with family over the holidays and enjoyed my stay. Hotel undergoing renovations so there is scaffolding on the exterior of the building but it will not detract from your stay. Rooms are clean and comfortable with daily housekeeping. No complimentary bottle of water but there are water dispensers on the 2nd floor and there are also washing machines and dryers onsite if you want to do your own laundry. There is also water and snacks available for purchase at the reception area. The pool area feels like a tropical back yard. Lovely! While at the pool enjoy the flocks of wild parrots flying through the tree tops late evening. The hidden gems of this hotel must be the amazing helpful and friendly staff. We wanted to host a last minute birthday lunch for my father and Ayanna, Angel, and Warren made it happen. There was a hiccup with my room and Sean the Facilities Supervisor upgraded me to a room with a balcony which I recommend. Cheyenne, Omari and Joseph at front desk were so helpful and Omari also came to help me move my things to my new upgraded room. The hotel is near to a shopping plaza and the Queen's Park Savannah where food vendors are available nightly with the best street food. The hotel has 2 restaurants onsite as well with delicious food. To get the best experience though I recommend renting or having a car at your disposal. I also recommend calling the hotel for their exchange rate which was 1 USD to 6 TTD because we got a better rate at the cambio at the airport on arrival at 1 USD to 7 TTD. Also take precautions with your personal safety while in Trinidad as you would in any other country. I will stay here again.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Kapok1618, Public Relations Manager at Kapok Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2019

Reviewed December 12, 2018 via mobile

Stayed at the Kapok Hotel with my family in November 2018 and I found the hotel to be quiet, staff friendly, had onsite laundry and nice pool and gym. The hotel is currently under construction, so we weren't able to open our blinds and take in the environment as we would've liked but we did enjoy the breakfast buffet featuring local dishes and view from the top at the Tiki restaurant. The hotel is also close to the Queens Park Savannah and other local eatery but walk is a bit scary with no real pedestrian crossings and the cars not giving right of way to pedestrian in the crosswalks but for those willing to risk it, the coconut water and snowcones by the Savannah were worth the walk. However, I would not recommend walking alone and definitely not at night if venturing off the hotel property!

Trip type: Traveled with family

Reviewed November 23, 2018 via mobile

I should love this place! It’s next to my fav 3.3km running track (trinidad savannah), hotel’s logo is my Dad’s signature (literally.. he was an ad man.. it’s his logo). I’ve stayed here before and ate at their hotel since i was a kid. I) when i checked in they could not find my reservation - they insisted to put a hold on my card - even though I showed them print, email and online evidence that i was confirmed ( strike 1) 2) the hotel is under serious renovation, scaffolding all around.. no advice was given to clients.. i’m praying that my bronchitis does not act up ( strike 2). 3. This morning at breakfast (which was actually very good), i was asked to pay an addition fee since i was walking out with some lukewarm coffee back to my room. I promptly put down my cup. (Strike 3 and you are out!!). What’s pisses me off is that the restaurant manager knows the hotel is under repair ( not her fault), knows that guests have been deceived when booking ( again not her fault) but she did not even try to be flexible re not charging buffet guests for taking a small coffee back to their rooms in the current dusty state. Unbelievable!!! Especially in this era of social media. #neveragain

Trip type: Traveled on business
Kapok1618, Public Relations Manager at Kapok Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to rate us and give us feedback. We are truly elated that you had a great experience here at Kapok Hotel. Thanks for letting us know about your dad as well! We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed November 17, 2018 via mobile

The hotel was pretty decent. The staff is friendly and helpful. The room I stayed in was very clean and the bathroom didn’t have anything worth complaining about. I don’t know if the bathrooms were recently renovated, but the bathroom I had looked new. I had the standard room for 1-2 people.
If you choose to sleep in you can hang the “privacy please” sign, but don’t count on it being too quiet in the hallway as the housekeeping ladies and gents tend to be a bit loud at times. Other then that I had a pleasant stay. Kapok offers a complementary breakfast and also has a pool and gym you can use. I’d say it’s a convenient hotel for both people who are going to Trinidad for business or families on holiday. There is also a zoo and botanical garden nearby to entertain kids and adults.
A Starbucks is located nearby at the Ellerslie plaza for those of you who can’t do without your favorite coffee. Be mindful when crossing the streets though. I don’t know about all of the streets in Trinidad, but I didn’t find the streets near the hotel to always be ‘pedestrian friendly’. Crossing the street was not very easy when traffic was coming at very high speeds be it at a crossing or not.
Other noteworthy locations near the hotel are the Queens Park Savannah and across from the park several buildings referred to as magnificent seven houses.

Trip type: Traveled solo