Kapok Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Forty Winks Inn(Port of Spain)
$109
$185
$145
  • Pool
$164
Courtyard
Palm's Hotel Trinidad(Port of Spain)
$86
$175
$149
$86
  • Breakfast included
$138
The Chancellor Hotel(Port of Spain)
$139
$135
$108
$100
Travelocity
Sundeck Suites(Port of Spain)
$88
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewstiki villagerooftop restaurantthe ground floorbotanical gardenswalking distancequeens parkreception deskcoffee makerwater pressurecarnival seasonbusiness tripclose proximitypool area isenjoyed my stayhome away from homekavatikki
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 21, 2014

The Kapok worked well for us. We found it well-run, clean, quiet, and comfortable, although the rooms (we had two) were a bit small. We had chosen it because (at the right time of day) we could walk to Woodbrook from there. The restaurants were excellent, including the 8th-floor view of the city. A couple people at the front desk were unpleasantly quick, but Randy and Brian were cheerful and effective in adjusting a critical taxi reservation for us in the middle of the night.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carpetball
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Spent Old Year's night here since there were no available rooms at nearby hotels. The lobby and Kava restaurant on the ground floor were assumed to be representative of the rooms, but we were in for quite a surprise.

Pros
- Good service at Kava
- Helpful waitress at breakfast
-Decent view from the room (6th floor), much improved from Tiki Village (8th floor)

Cons
- Reception staff abrupt, unhelpful (with the exception of the manager/supervisor who switched our rate to the local one)
- One working elevator, resulting in long waits
- Itty-bitty, tineesy-weensy room
-Ice only available on second floor (may not have been as much of an issue had we not needed to wait so long for the elevator)
- Awful smell in hallways and elevator
-Discolored pitcher filled with "filtered water" in room, no bottled water (given the look/smell around us, I can't comfortably say that I trust that the water was "fresh")

Overall a very disappointing stay that is not worthy of even the local rate. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Maya A
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We came here for two nights before going on in Trinidad. This hotel was recommended as a locally owned boutique hotel which we like. The rooms were reasonably spacious and our room had a refrigerator and coffee maker and excellent wifi (free--to boot). The service was friendly and excellent. They had no problem helping us with dinner reservations at other restaurants. In addition, it is on Savannah Park and right next to the zoo and botanical gardens. The pricing was pretty good and included a continental breakfast. All in all, it was an excellent value.

Stayed: January 2014
3  Thank Virginia F
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We did not experience any problems with this hotel. Quite the opposite. The staff was very attentive, always had a smile and would personally greet you.

Heath from the KAVA lounge made you feel like a family member. The pizza and lamb burger were the best we ever had. The KAVA lounge has indoor and outdoor seating.

The breakfast buffet at the Tiki Village restaurant was very limited but good. Typical of a continental breakfast.

Our room was very nice with kitchenette, living space, balcony and a separate bedroom. It was clean and comfortable.

The Kapok Hotel has a well lit parking lot and is in a good location within walking distance to Queen's Park.

We would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Jill and Jamie Trainor.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KeppochSunshine
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I had problems with the shower shooting hot and cold water throughout the entire shower (changing temperatures) which made my friend and I sick. I would have thought that in a case like this, I would have been moved to another room but the front desk representatives did not seem concerned. The housekeeping staff was more concerned and even took the time to ask if the problem was resolved. It seemed that it was a hassle to help. I went through the entire trip and I did not feel like it was worth the price that I paid and could not get the customer service and maintenance to do what was needed. After speaking with the manager, I expected a discount for my dissatisfaction but I was not provided with such. I am not impressed by the hotel, this is coming from a person who has stayed at the hotel before and had no trouble, who was a Kapok fan until my last trip.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends