“Mistake”

Ranked #21 of 42 Port of Spain B&B and Inns
Castries, St. Lucia
“Mistake”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

The reservation system stinks. The staff is very rude and has no clue about customer service. Rooms not cleaned daily. Every front desk employee tells you something different and the manager seems to be operating remotely. Very poor experience.

Room Tip: Have someone visit the facility first if possible.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Rugs R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
St. Vincent
Reviewed May 25, 2012

I have never experienced such low class unprofessional service in my lifetime. The service was horrible, the staff were rude and down right out of place. After booking since in February , I turned up in May to be told they had no reservAtion in my name, hence no room was reserved for me and their only solution was for me to share a room with three other strangers. This was totally ludicrous. They took response for anbsolutely nothing and the manager never turned up to deal with my concerns even though I demanded to see him. No one must never have this experience and I am asking folks never to come this hell hole. I was AWFUL!

Room Tip: The rooms are all awful. They were never cleaned and after my fifth day I had to literally beg them...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Dee J

Travelers are raving about these Port of Spain hotels

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed February 26, 2012

As my review heading states this is "a place to rest your head" Good rate for Carnival, in the center of all the action. Avoid room 9. Smaller than the rest of rooms and not in good condition. Did not get the room that I actually saw when I had visited earlier.Walked to most places from here. Most of the staff were great. Espically the front desk staff who were most welcoming. Hats off to Sandy.

Room Tip: Avoid room 9.Request a fridge not a cooler.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Riverdale, Georgia
Reviewed January 17, 2011

Okay, the first words out of my girlfriend's mouth was, feels like we're staying at someone's house.... Now if that's what you're looking for, you've hit the bullseye. Wasn't our type of place, but we weren't complaining with the $65 USD price tag. Only opted for one night though, before we moved elsewhere. Rooms were okay, very homely in a Trinidadian way i guess... We were however impressed with the cleanliness of the bathroom, though it was super small. Small TV with cable TV was also provided.

Staff was the sore point here, they would assist you if you asked for help, but service was very factory, ("you are a number, let me process you - and you had better not request more than the basics") typa thing. but hey, all that resonated in my head was the $65 payed.

Okay location but just bare basics otherwise. First and last visit.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank JSaam
Reviewed May 19, 2010

ATTENTION: if you are used to American hotels this is NOT the place for you. I stayed here on business when visiting Port of Spain. Not a bad place if you don't feel like spending 200 dollars to stay at the Crowne or Hyatt. Very basic at the very least. Rooms are TINY, beds are uncomfortable, didn't try the breakfast so I can't rate that. Dining areas are not air conditioned (I hate eating while I sweat) therefore I would dine in my room. They do have internet but charge 3 dollars per minute. Pool was nice and clean. Considering tourism in Trinidad is virtually non-existent and most locals are unfriendly Caribbean Tourist Villas does well. Staff was friendly and very helpful. There is a fridge in the room and cable TV. Very close to the heart of P.O.S. (I actually walked there a few times) and just a street down from the bars and restaurants. Overall not a bad experience but also not a very enjoyable one either. Just a place to lay your head at night.

• Stayed January 2011