TripAdvisor

from $120.00
More Info
from $49.00
More Info
All reviews amazing tour great guide tour guide maracas beach airbnb mitch rainforest company falls trinidad island port spain bake
Selected filters
Reviewed August 5, 2019

In June of this year, I did this hike to Avocat. Its a really good exercise and I never thought a nature trail/river could be so theraputic. So like its past Maracas... and Las Cuevas. Of course as you pass Maracas, you stock up on your shark and bake (from whomsoever you like). The drive then becomes really rustic as you get into the Northern Range. You should have a cutlass handy, for any fallen/falling branches (or bamboo), which you can meet. And so you travel a little way and then turn into the trace. From where you park ($20 per day), you begin a 1/2 hr to 45 min hike, which is neatly adventurous. You get to cross the river early and you have a nice moderate hill to climb. The trail is railed with tree roots, but when you get there, you will be pleased. On the way, you will be amazed by the rocks.

The waterfall cascades off this mountain in a torrent, which you must get below. It hits your body in a kind of masochistic massage that you really have to appreciate. The water itself is nice cool, really clean ... it feels good on your skin. The plunge pool is kinda deep so you will need your life jackets.

You can go on your own, but a group is always recommended, just in case.

I enjoyed this!!

1  Thank lystra m
LAYOVEREXP, Guest Relations Manager at Layover.Experiences, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2019

Thank you for this wonderful review...you have made it easier for future Travelers to experience this Trip...

Reviewed June 24, 2019

“I couldn't be happier with my trip to Trinidad! Layover Experience Trinidad Tours is the only way to go and I have recommended them to everyone I talk to and tell about my trip. My guide MItch are hands the best and most knowledgeable tour guide I've ever had the pleasure to meet. He is fun, cool, helpful, on time, & very flexible when we have to make adjustments on our schedule because of a road issue. Mitch handled it like true professional and always took care of me 100%! He went above and beyond to make sure I was safe & taken care of and had the best experience!”. Dont believe what you read in the media. Come visit Trinidad! This country is beautiful & safe. Book all your tours with the #1 tour operator Layover Experience Trinidad Tours. You will have memories that will last a lifetime!

2  Thank Jeremiah J

Jere..it was wonderful having you ...thanks for your review ..hope we meet again..

Reviewed June 17, 2019 via mobile

Our time with Mitch was so fun and exciting! We didn’t just do the hike and beach tour but we did random things like eat fresh mangos off a tree, eat bake and shark. It was truly a completely different experience. We can’t wait to come back!

Date of experience: June 2019

Chris...thanks for allowing us to Tour with you...Great Review...till we meet again.

Reviewed June 3, 2019 via mobile

The entire experience from beginning to end was amazing! Mitch picked us up from the airport at a time which acommodated my friends and I best. Not to forget, we added 2 friends to join us last minute & Mitch acommodated accordingly. After, Mitch drove us to the Airbnb which he kindly arranged for us to drop our things off at. Following that we made our way to do the 4x4 tour up the mountains , where we had a few pit stops so we could have drinks and snacks. Mitch was SO hospitable! He always ensured that my friends and I were fed, comfortable & informed about our whereabouts. Lastly, we made our way to Avocat Falls (amazing experience which I only suggest for those comfortable hiking in the rain forest OR those brave enough to try something new). We also got to see Maracas Bay beach which was beautiful. Overall this experience was 100/10 & I highly recommend anyone staying in Trinidad for a trip or even a layover (like I had), to book your experience with Mitch!! He is a super sweet person, lots of patience, very informative/knowledgeable & fun. My friends and I will definitely book more activities with Mitch when we come back to Trinidad again.

Date of experience: May 2019
Reviewed May 30, 2019 via mobile

Mitch, is one of the greatest people I’ve met. I’ve had such a wonderful experience doing this tour with him. He’s allowed me to remember Trinidad and such a beautiful way. He’s super friendly and makes you feel like family, his wife is so hospitable and a great cook. He’s flexible and understanding. I’d recommend that you definitely book with him. It was the safest experience, if I return to Trinidad I definitely want to book another trip with him. Or, I’d even be interested in booking his Airbnb. I’d probably even go just to visit him. It was a wonderful experience. We went up to Paramount Hills, then trekked through Avocat Falls, followed by a Trip to Maracas Bay for some shark and bake. He then brought us back to his house and his wife provided us with a wonderful dinner. One of the best pelau. I give him 10 out of five stars.

Date of experience: May 2019