The Inn at 87
Kapok Hotel(Port of Spain)
$149
$133
Hotels.com
Very Good 4/5
$185
$145
  • Pool
Forty Winks Inn(Port of Spain)
$109
Great 4.5/5
Palm's Hotel Trinidad(Port of Spain)
$86
$175
$149
$139
$138
Good 3.5/5
The Chancellor Hotel(Port of Spain)
$139
$135
$117
$100
Good 3.5/5
Sundeck Suites(Port of Spain)
$88
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfree tea and coffeeblues cafemusic barensuite bathroomlocal breakfastariapita avenuehome away from homewifi worked wellwalking distancebed and breakfastcable tvqueens parkguest houserental carmaracas bayenjoyed my stayconvenient location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 1, 2013

My short visit was very well spent, the service was very good. staff was ever helpful and friendly. clean and quite place though it is footsteps away from a lot of businesses and entertainment. when there you really feel as though you've travelled away from the hustle and bustle. i am certain that we will be returning once more as there was great value for our money actually, it was a little more than that.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Joseph J
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Small guesthouse in centre of Port of Spain, great location close to Savanah. Room slightly small for a family of 4 but all clean and comfortable, and reasonably priced. Special thanks to Donna and her staff who were so helpful and arranged and helped us with many things.. Breakfast was delicious as well, driver connected to the hotel very knowledgeable as well. Great way to start a holiday.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank VFRUk
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I spent 5 days at this Guesthouse/Bed and Breakfast hotel. It has 9 small but very comfortable rooms. It is business-traveler-friendly, reasonably priced and extremely accomodating. One morning we were too slow callling a taxi to pick us up for a very important appointment. Sensing the urgency of our situation, the owner of the guesthouse drove us to the appointment in her private car. They take orders for our requests for breakfast, but you may want to let them choose your menue from local fare. It is delicious! The rooms are modern with multiple free WiFi points scattered around the property so we are never away from a very goo or excellent Wifi interconnect connection.
It has been newly remodeled throughout in a motif that harkens back to 1960's Miami. No, there are no pink flamingos, but the furniture is retro-styled to that era even though it is new.
I will stay here again, each time I return for business over the coming several months.

Room Tip: Great for couples or single travelers. About $90 US is an excellent value for a comfortable, accomodating property of this type in a safe and convenience location in downtown POS.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The *only* place to stay in Port-of-Spain! Stayed here in 2011 so already knew it was wonderful but I have to put on record here the warmth with which Donna welcomed me back on email when I wrote to ask for a room, and the ease at which my request for a day-only stay was accommodated (as I had a whole day in transit through P-o-S and didn't want to hang around at the airport). As a result I had the perfect day in Port-of-Spain. I was picked up in style by Michael, one of their regular drivers, and a real gem, too and taken to the Inn, where a warm welcome from Donna and a lovely little airconditioned room was waiting for me, as was one of their legendary breakfasts. The neighbourhood is wonderful and in the few hours I had I could rest, check my email, take a walk around the savannah and visit the Botanical gardens, pop into Rituals Coffee a five minute walk away, and get one of the best rotis in town from another location in Tragerete-- all on recommendation from Donna. When I got my roti back they even put it ceremoniously on a plate for me so that I could eat it in a civilised fashion and keep Donna company while she had her own lunch. What with chatting with her about this and that it was suddenly time for me to be taken back to the airport by Michael, who very kindly let me sleep all the way through even though we knew by then we greatly enjoyed each other's chatting company!
It was marvellous to return to Port-of-Spain and the feeling of being comfortable in this city must be totally attributed to the warmth, efficiency and friendliness of the Inn at 87.
Book early and succumb to its delightful charms :-)
Oh yes, it is sparkling clean. I've never seen a cleaner property in my life!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank picky_and_discerning
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed here in June 2013 for 3 nights after being on the beach in Tobago for almost a week. It was much busier here but the Inn at 87 has a relaxing atmosphere in the midst of it all. At first, we were warned about walking on the streets (especially after dark) but we ended up feeling very safe and we walked to Queen's Park Savannah and to nearby eateries with no problems several times. Booking the room by email was easy and efficient and the price was reasonable. Donna-Marie was welcoming and gave us good tips about restaurants (Buzos Italian restaurant is excellent and just 2 blocks down the street) and offered us ideas about sightseeing but we already had a tour guide set up. We stayed in room #1. It was basic but very comfortable, neat, clean, and air conditioned. We had everything we needed There wasn't a safe in the room but we had no problems at all. One of the highlights of staying here was eating breakfast in the attractive dining area. Even though the buildings are close together, fresh breezes blew in. The first morning we were offered a more traditional breakfast (eggs,, toast bacon) but the next two mornings we had specialties from the local area--such as buljol made with swordfish, fried plantains, eggplant, fish. It was excellent and we recommend taking them up on these offerings! Everyone that works at the Inn at 87 was so nice to us. We would definitely stay here again and we confirm all the good reviews that it gets. You would not get this experience staying in a brand name hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple