“people that work at The Inn at 87 are as nice as can be but place is noisy!”
Review of The Inn at 87

The Inn at 87
Ranked #4 of 44 Port of Spain B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 29, 2012

All of The Inn at 87 employees I encountered were as helpful, accommodating and service-oriented as any I would hope to encounter at a 5-star hotel. Really, these people should be commended for their hard work and excellent attitude. However, I cannot really recommend this place and if I had to do it all over again, I would stay somewhere else in Port of Spain. Two reasons: (1) there is no curfew or deadline to check in so on our the second night we were awoken at 1 o'clock in the morning by some very noisy guests who (apparently) had just checked in or were just coming in after a night out and (2) the rooms are significantly smaller than I thought they would be (judging from the photos I had seen online). Yes, the Newtown neighborhood is more interesting than other neighborhoods but if I ever find myself in POS again, I'll be staying at The Carlton Savannah. (Judging from the rate I just checked on Expedia, the rates would have only been $40 - $50 higher. It would have been well worth it to be a good night's sleep.)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed December 5, 2012

I enjoyed my stay at Inn At 87 and I thank them. The rooms are clean, staff are helpful and friendly, satisfactory breakfast, excellent location, safe environment and good value. A home away from home. I would recommend this boutique hotel to my friends when staying in Port-of-Spain, T&T.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Spent 6 nights at No 87 last week on business. For the price, welcome, cleanliness and location I will stay again and happy to recommend to anyone, even on vacation.
The room was fine, with v comfy bed and crisp white sheets every day. Free broadband helped. Everything worked and the staff could not be more friendly.
The location is central to PoS with many restaurants in walking distance. The Savanna is on the doorstep so easy for a stroll or run.
I saw an earlier review mentioning security which is inaccurate. There is always someone on duty and I felt more secure and comfortable at No 87 and the surrounding area than larger hotels in more remote locations
If you want to experience Trinidad and Port of Spain No 87 is a a good option. If you want impersonal service, lots of people, remote location, a swimming pool and spa -stay elsewhere and good luck

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank DubaiFatman
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Just spent 3 nights at the inn and was treated like family. They had someone ready to pick me up from the airport for an extra $30 and the inn is very comfortable with good A/C and a great breakfast. It´s in a very safe neighborhood but a bit out of the way from the hub-bub so taxis are in order.

Room Tip: My room was #8 and the TV was losing its sound. I let the front desk know. I never heard a sound ou...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 30, 2012

A driver was waiting for us at the airport and took us straight to the guest-house. The mattress in the beds were soft and I found myself sleeping nicely. The cable-TV was easy to use and had a wide variety of programs. The air conditioning was on the top and was very effective in keeping the temperature under control. Believe this or not, I had more difficulty sleeping in the Hyatt hotel and I couldn't figure out how to use the Tv in that hotel which is why I'm saying this guest house has some features that are better than the Hyatt.

The washroom was clean, towels were clean, and the rooms were cleaned promptly every day that we were there.

The breakfast for the most part consisted two servings. First dish is chopped bananas and watermelon with some currants. There is one choice of cereal. Scrambled eggs are served with a small portion of salad and chopped sausage. The portions of salad were small and drenched in salad dressing, and the chopped sausage was small and full of sauce. It's not a buffet style breakfast or a culinary adventure. There is also a bar located right next to it and for $ 5.00 U.S. you can get a nice, huge portion lunch. If you visit this guest-house, make sure you go to the bar next door.

My mother had some difficulty walking around the streets as the sidewalks were narrow and very bumpy and we had to use a private taxi to take us all around. It's obviously not located next to the water-front like the Hyatt is.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 18, 2012

We stayed at The Inn@87 for 5 nights in July2012. We were absolutely delighted. We loved our room- clean, comfortable with AC, we were supprised how friendly and helpful all the staff was, we didn't expect them to care as much- when my husband got upset stomach they made him special porridge for breakfast, so he could have some food. Donna -one of the inn's owners was wonderful to us- we really enjoyed chatting with her. Location was ideal for our purpose and we also could keep our rental car within gated driveway. We loved our stay there and next time when we're in Trinidad we'll stay there again
Huge thanks to all of you @87

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AlinaSG
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We were recommende inn@87 by a friend. We were absolutely delighted with the place. We managed to come back to inn@87 twice more during our stay in Trinidad.
The location is very handy for the nightlife and restaurants of Port of Spain and is situated in a quiet location.
It is also ideal for the business traveller and also the family travellers too.

I would throughly recommend inn@87 to any visitor coming to Port of Spain.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family