“Best Value for money in Port Of Spain” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Copper Kettle Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Port of Spain
Copper Kettle Hotel
You added Copper Kettle Hotel to your Saves list
66-68 Edward St., Port of Spain, Trinidad   |
Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Port of Spain
Tobago
“Best Value for money in Port Of Spain”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

No - Hilton it is NOT! BUT....main entrance is closed at 6pm so bell has to be rung after due to 24 hour Security so that not just anyone can walk in.....Thumbs UP.
Rooms are a little sparse but en-suite & never run out of hot water, ice is given from 24 hour Bar downstairs if you need cold drinks in the middle of the night - each room has a TV, bed or beds, tables, bedside lights & wardrobe area with bench. The staff are extremely helpful. I've been staying there for over 12 years, numerous times each year, & couldn't ask for better accommodation in a better location for the rates. 10 out of 10 overall.

Room Tip: Some have ceiling fans & some have noisy a/c - depends what you want
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
      Location
      Sleep Quality
8 Thank caribbean-caroline

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Vieux Fort
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2006

I am from St.lucia and I have been to that place on many occasions.(6 times).The place is really close to business places.The people are really nice and friendly.The service is generally good.The rooms are cleaned everyday.The food is ok.Generally I felt at home had my privacy and was comfortable.It is not a bad place.An open minded person will like that atmosphere.The rates are affordable.While my stay was good.I believe that there are a few minor things that need to be taken into consideration.Eg.Give the rooms a fresh new painting.Some beds need to be replaced.Why is the main exit closed at 6pm and you have to ring in to come in.I am not to comfortable with that.Service can be improved.Maid service can also be improved.Access to drinking water.maybe a fridge in the rooms.Anyway,while these should be taken into consideration.Generally speaking,not a bad place.

• Liked — Very close to business places and events/activities
  • Disliked — Floors are too high
  • Stayed December 2005, traveled on business
      Location
      Check in / front desk
10 Thank Shalom-Blessed
Barbados
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2006

I turned up after my reservation. When I went up to the room, I could not believe my eyes. I could actually see through the sheets and pillowcases. The bathroom mats were filthy and looking in the bathroom made me want to throw up. The place smelt like something I've never smelt before, it was awful. My five minute stay on my way down I pass the maid who had the sheets and towels in a bag on the floor which had fallen over and were on the dirty floor and I had to step over them, these were the same sheets that were suppose to be clean for the rooms.

I would not put a pig in that place.

Stayed September 2006
16 Thank certificate

Travelers are raving about these Port of Spain hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2005

IHane read sime of the reviews written on this hotel and I have to say that some of us when weleave our homes to stay in a 'hotel'always picture the Barbados Hilton, The plaza, Sandy lane And the other 5 star hotels of the world. We cannot afford these, so we choose the copper Kettles and look for 5 star accomodation.This is unfair I stayed at the copper Kettle In august, Again In september and I will Be back there again on saturday , If there is space for me

• Stayed September 2005, traveled on business
16 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2005

damp smelly an poor lighting it just bad door had poor luck it just look tacky an rund down

• Stayed February 2005