All reviews large fridge nice stay internet service rooms are nice vidalia
Selected filters
Reviewed August 6, 2018

I will start with why I am giving this hotel 2 stars... they get a star for location it was perfect for me and another star for the nice staff they were pleasant and professional. Especially the cleaning crew... the rooms were cleaned quickly and efficiently. Other than that this hotel deserves 0 stars. The review would be a novel if I went into the whole thing but upon arriving at the hotel I realized I made a mistake. It does not appear that any investment has been made to improve this establishment over the last 10 years and the outside of the building shows it... same for the rooms.

The first room I was given reminded me of a LaQuinta experience I was forced to endure in Miami and it made me quite distressed and at that point I decided to leave my babies at my parents and check out. The staff were kind enough to offer me a better room which while it was not child friendly, due to the open staircase within, I decided to make it work. This room would have cost me much more should I have booked it earlier and to me it is not worth that amount
- the beds were uncomfortable with thin sheets
- could not regulat the A/c so I fluctuated between being too cold and too hot
- THere were NO MATS of the floor anywhere I had to go by my mom and get a mat so my kids could move about in comfort. Cold hard tile floors... horrible
- thin see through curtains... very little privacy
- space between the bottom of the front door and the floor so we were plagued by mosquitoes right through my babies received numerous bites
- no microwave but a large fridge (makes no sense)
- wall plugs in bedroom area had no covers a definite Hazzard for children and quite frankly adults
- asked about 2 boiled eggs for my 2yr old and I was told that would cost me TT$42 or USD$6 like what are they thinking
- Only 1 bathroom in a split level room and the shower curtain only touching you as you take a shower because no thought was taken to put in curved shower curtain bars like the rest of the world
- POOR INTERNET I mean come on... to get proper internet service I had to go to the lobby this is completely ridiculous as far as I am concerned.
- And last thing I would mention is that while the staff were quite friendly on the surface I am not sure why they felt it necessary to call and chase me out of the room. I was trying to pack up and make sure I did not forget anything and I already asked for a 1 hour extension on the 12 noon checkout time why is the front desk calling me at 1:30pm to passive aggressively ask me if I staying longer... no one is waiting on the room and the cleaning folks already said they would come back in an hour... give me a break!

I will never stay here again and it is quite disappointing because I live abroad and I return to Trinidad to visit family quite frequently I thought this would be a nice charming place I could bring my family instead it turned out to be shabby, rundown and inappropriate. Which probably should be the title of this review...

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed July 9, 2018

On Wednesdays the Vidalia restaurant located in the Hotel Normandie offers High Tea from 4:30 - 6:00pm. There are 2 options - 6 items (3 savoury & 3 sweet) for TT$75.00 or 10 items (5 savoury & 5 sweet) for TT$95.00. The items are tasty and the atmosphere is very relaxing. The staff is attentive and if you ask a question they are willing to find the answer for you if they themselves don't know the answer. My only negative comment is they items should be labelled because I have a coconut allergy and one of the items had coconut in it. The experience was great and I will definitely be going back again.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 12, 2018 via mobile

Local buffet at a reasonable price.
We had one bad experience 2.5 yrs ago where my wife chipped her tooth eating coconut bake that had a piece of shell in there. Had dental fees and Frustratingly still waiting on a response. Disappointing

Date of stay: June 2017
Reviewed April 15, 2018

Where should i start the front desk staff very friendly when it comes to the room is it very outdated it really needs a faceflit as for the housekeeping when they find something the dont leave it at front desk they keep it for themselves i few of my husband stuff went missing but its a very quiet hotel ecxept the ac in ur ears at night.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank Cynthia A
Reviewed January 7, 2018 via mobile

Quiet and relaxing atmosphere very close to restaurants and other amenities. Only problem was the rooms closest to the pool was quite noisy.. You can hear everything outside clearly. Overall I was satisfied. Will recommend to a friend.

Date of stay: January 2018