“Excellent Experience”

Ranked #25 of 42 Port of Spain B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent Experience”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I have only good things to say about this place. I've had one of the most wonderful experiences there and will recommend this place any day. I spent a couple days well and had the opportunity to chat with most of the staff. I must thank the kitchen staff, housekeepers, Brent and the front desk staff for making my stay a great one. I MUST say that two front desk staff in particular got my attention. Joanne and a guy that i only got the chance to talk to on the day of my departure. Joanne was rather helpful and always greeted me with a smile and so did the young man who was really helpful and always smiling. I felt welcomed and at home. The warmth of the staff made me look forward to seeing them in the morning and when i get back at night. I am DEFINITELY here every time i visit Trinidad and hopefully as soon as August with my family.

Thumbs up to the management.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Joel C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Tobago
Reviewed April 7, 2013

my boyfriend and i were a walk in couple the facility was alright but the the bathroom toilet was not flushing we went out for the day and upon arrival met the plummer and a maid in the room the OUT OF PLACE MAID gave my boyfriend her # WHAT THE HELL WE LEFT THE FOLLOWING MORNING SMH but never the less the night was ok

Room Tip: do not take the top floor i thought i would fall over
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Sugarlips W
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I stayed there before the carnival season and it was fabulous i cant thank keisha enough for their warm hospitality and the stafff was great. They were very hospitalible all though my stay was short it was wonderful the next time i go back to trinidad i will be staying there. I give it two thumbs up! Many thanks to keisha and the wonderful staff very professional and i recommend it to anyone! loved staying there! I miss you guys!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Teressa P
London
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Alicia's is a 15 minute walk from the centre of Port of Spain (where you probably don't want to be late at night anyway) in a pleasant suburb called St Ann's.

The rooms are basic but clean with a good choice of cable Tv channels. There is a reasonable swimming pool, free interent and decent breakfast included. The staff were friendly and helpful.

Recommended for reasonably adventurous travellers on a budget.

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
7 Thank tpsontour
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I've stayed at many 4 and 5 star hotels in Trinidad . "Carlton, Marriott and the Hyatt" but when its comes to a fair and reasonable price of $63 us for a room with 2 beds, free cable and wifi, free breakfast and not to mention a friendly staff my money seems to lean towards Alicia's house rather than some of the so called fancy hotels there ! My friend you can't go wrong ! I also noticed they have done some recent renovation to the rooms with new air conditioners etc. I do recommend they upgrade to some flat screen televisions by now but hopefully it will come soon . I've stayed at Alicia's house on many visits for many years and each time was always the same , comfort, great location at a great price with a friendly staff.

Room Tip: Govias all the way if u got 1 piece of luggage
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
6 Thank trinipimp
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I just have to stay that i just spent the last 10 days at Alicia's Guest house and it was a great experience . The staff were amazing and the customer service was excellent .....I have to personally mention Brent and Monifer .....Alicia from the kitchen the wonderful ladies of house keeping and all the other staff that made my visit a pleasure . As I sis back in Toronto this morning I am only thinking of the great time I had there .
Thanks again for the great service and I will see you again and Keep up the great work .

Room Tip: The rooms are all very nice and suits the purpose but if traveling with a family try to request the...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank stacielondon
georgetown
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Stayed at the House just over a week ago and enjoyed my stay. Staff was friendly and accommodating. Good assistance from Keisha, other office staff and not forgetting the kitchen crew. My friend and I enjoyed breakfast and may have put on a few pounds. Improvement will always be welcome. Great to stay on another occasion.

Room Tip: The room to the south was quiet.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends