“Would do it again”

Ranked #9 of 43 Port of Spain B&B and Inns
Mount Vernon, New York
“Would do it again”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I stayed at samise during carnival 2013 and had a very good stay. Denise is the most gracious hostess and very accomodating. I found the house to be easily accessible and not too far from the city center. The house was kept very clean and everything functioning. She is also quite reseourceable - I did more than expected because of whom she connected us with. Definitely would do it again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank LoveforJones
samisevilla, Manager at Samise Villa, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
As we have promised, "our hospitality and personalised service will delight you". Thank you for expressing how you felt about our service, as we continue to strive for excellence in customer service to all our guests.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Central Islip, New York
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I stayed at Samise Villa for a week this past August and Denise is a gracious and accommodating hostess. Very knowledgeable about Port of Spain & transportation. I remember one nite she even went out of her way to bring me KFC for dinner because there was no delivery of food in the area. The rooms were clean & comfortable, the grounds well kept & the music was a nice touch. I am happy to have visited Trinidad for the 1st time since I was a toddler and stayed at this guest house rather than stay at a "hotel". Staying at the villa gave me a more homelike feeling. The other guests were like family (Tony, Sam & Neal). Just liming with them at the villa was something I wouldn't have had at a hotel. It was private & we could wear comfortable house-like clothes to chill in the backyard. If you're visiting Port of Spain for the 1st time, staying at this villa will give you a fuller experience versus a hotel. Not to mention, the cost was reasonable. I would definitely recommend Samise Villa and would visit there again. :)

Room Tip: Upper level of villa has a shared bathroom.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
We appreciate your comments and that you were satisfied with our service and facilities. Happy to know that you felt at home, as this is one of the objectives we strive to achieve when hosting our guests. We stand ready to host you again.
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I must compliment Denise for her good work, professional behavior and the up keep of this place. Also her concerns towards her guest and treatment is remarkable. I have no difficulties in recommending her place Samise Villa to persons. I also want to comment on the security of her place which is very good. The location is also fantastic

Carlisle Jno Baptiste
Dominica

Stayed July 2013
Gothenburg, Sweden
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We just stay one night and were the only guests but it was ok Denise was very friendly and helpful. The guesthouse is a old house but like a home and very clean. It is far from the city center and the neighborhood is not so nice. But if you only want to have nice place to sleep and have things to do during daytime, it is more than ok. So Thank You Denise for a nice sty.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank lindgren_13
Port of Spain, Trinidad
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Denise, the owner, is absolutely lovely. The facilities are not excellent but a good value for money. The guesthouse is in one of the residential areas which makes it far from the happening places in the city but there are cheap taxis to downtown.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Three friends and I stayed at Samise Villa for a short stay in Port of Spain. We arrived late and Denise (the hostess/operator) was very accommodating of that. Our experience was a little different, as I had family close by to help us with rides and everything, but when we needed, we easily got taxis (only cars with "H" in the license plate) and were not too far from the downtown area. The property is lush, secure and our units had many beds, air conditioning and there was a lovely little courtyard to hang out in. Denise made a modest breakfast everyday, but we didn't eat much as we were out quite a bit. The day we left for the airport we left a piece of luggage and Denise was quick to contact one of my relatives who had called during our stay to let us know. That would have been a disaster without Denise's quick thinking!

Definitely not a place if you will possibly make a lot of noise or have guests after 10pm, as there could be other residents. But over-all exactly what we needed for a great price!

I've noticed other posters have mentioned the psychiatric hospital next door..I will affirm it is a non-issue.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Samantha V
Happy to know that you were comfortable and satisfied with your experience at Samise Villa. It was certainly a pleasure hosting you.
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I had to be in Trinidad for a few days to attend a funeral. Needless to say, I needed a place to stay on very short notice at an affordable price. I found Samise Villa on the internet late at night, emailed my info, and within hours had a room reserved at a very nice rate. When I arrived at the villa I was more than surprised at how beautiful, clean and comfortable the accomodations were at that price point, with a comfortable bed and all the amenities (ac, cable tv, bathroom with hot and cold water, closet space)...not to mention, breakfast was included...and that in itself was also very delicious. The cherry on top was the courteousness and overall pleasant demeanor of my host and her son...they make you feel welcome! I've already said on my next visit I WILL BE STAYING AT SAMISE VILLA!

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments and compliments. We were happy to host you during your short visit and look forward to welcoming you again in the future.