“Very nice” 5 of 5 bubbles

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Very nice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

I took my kids to the zoo recently and was very impressed with the animals ,I especially liked the miniature pony , so cute a must visit in Trinidad

Visited June 2013
3 Thank Geeta M

• Finnish first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Good Family Outing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

My family including one pre-teen and one toddler recently visited the Zoo and there were lots to see including a new pony that you could pet and groom once there was an attendant there. Included now is a small play park for the young ones. The signage is appropriate and there is lots of staff around and the Zoo has gotten really interactive now, Zookeepers were out and about with the snakes even allowing picutres with them if you are brave enough... New areas are being constructured and we're looking forward to see what's new on our next visit. Great evening out and lots for all ages to enjoy! One negative, the aquarium area needs some more attention though.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Rnmfg
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Good value for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

I love going to the Emperor Valley Zoo. Every time I visit there is a new exhibit and something is always happening. The staff are knowledgeable and offer detailed information about each exhibit.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank OneSaucyTrini
United Kingdom
69 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 127 helpful votes
“Loads of specimens!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

I had mixed feelings about this zoo - they did have quite a wide variety of specimens, but I think it needs some renovation. Quite a few cages were empty, some cages were not correctly labelled, some of the cages were in shocking condition, and some of the artificial just didn't look right. For photographers (like me), it was very hard to shoot most of the animals, because of the narrow spaced fencing, even for the larger animals. An excellent point was they have daily activities, and I got to hold a massive albino python on my neck, and saw snakes been fed mice. Half a day is enough to see and read about all the animals they have.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank FazzersN
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“It's okay, but needs some major upgrading.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

I visited the Emperor Valley Zoo with my family on the 21st of April, 2013. It was a nice family visit, but it seemed a little downgraded, in my opinion; and thus could do with a little sprucing up. I noticed that they're planning to open an African themed section and I am looking forward to that.
First let me say that I'm saddened by the condition in which the Miniature horse was in. It was poring rain that Sunday, and this horse was in enclosed, but shelter space. His space was dirty and muddy with all the rain and he was wet and seemed most uncomfortable and unhappy. Couldn't a zoo-keeper put him in a dry and more comfortable place until the rain stopped?? -__-

But it could do with a fresh coat of paint here and there; for instance, the sheds/shelters could do with a little sprucing up. They need to get some more animals. I noticed that the Siberian Tiger that they had four years ago was missing, so maybe it died? Therefore they need to get a new tiger, or a pair. The monkeys all seemed old and lazy. Their cages seemed smaller than usual when really, it was the same size, but they could probably make some of those cages bigger.

I remember there was an ostrich years ago, I wish they would get another one. I hope that they get a Zebra to go with that African theme that they're opening. There seems to be space, therefore I suggest that they expand the zoo (save and except for the African theme section) and include a couple more foreign animals. Also, a petting zoo will be grand.

All in all, it was a wonderful family trip. But the Emperor Valley Zoo could do with some upgrading

Visited April 2013