“More than just a facial”
Review of Spa Esencia

Spa Esencia
San Fernando, Trinidad
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“More than just a facial”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I had a girls day out with 3 of my friends to Hyatt's spa today. I have to admit I didn't know what quality to expect but from the moment we were picked up in the lobby by the spa staff to the end of our service, we were all impressed. The complimentary glass of wine and fruit platter didn't hurt either. They were very prompt about their appointments even though they were short staffed.
Every room was like a mini hotel room. It had its own bathroom and even a safe to lock your personal items if you weren't a guest in the hotel. My facial was more than just a facial. I got my head, neck, shoulders, arms and feet massaged too! And yes it is pricey but honestly when we all left we understood a little bit about why the cost was so much. We didn't ask for anything extra but we got more than we anticipated.
I felt very relaxed for the rest of the day so I would say it was a successful spa trip.
Polite and cheerful staff. Clean surroundings with a view of the water. And what seems like an abundance of heated towels.
If you can afford it I would recommend it. Browse the website first and the spa menu. Have breakfast from the buffet on Sunday morning then get a soothing spa treatment. I hope Spa Esencia can keep it up. I may even make another trip for a glowing facial before my wedding later this year.

Visited February 2014
6 Thank Arawakasauras

Trinidad and Tobago
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Too damn expensive!!!”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

My lovely bf decided to treat me to a day at the spa over my birthday weekend. Being 7 months pregnant and exhausted all the time- I told myself that this wld be exactly what I needed.
Yes the place is nice...its the Hyatt but that didn't make the mani, pedi, facial, and massage any better. Basic and average! I didn't have the heart to tell him the truth after he spent all that money. Never again. Please skip this floor when staying at the Hyatt.

3 Thank Janelle P
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Soothing quality but expensive and not the best”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

My wife had a couples treatment. The Spa area is good and we were generally greeted and looked after well although we were told of a reminder call the day before which we did not actually receive - made worse because my wife was supposed to have been told of having a male masseur - but she was not and found it disconcerting. My treatment was good, but my wife found her massage not good.

Visited October 2012
3 Thank JohnTs58
Trinidad
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 93 helpful votes
“Consistently outstanding service”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I regularly visit Spa Esencia and their service is consistently excellent!
From the moment you step foot into this oasis in port of span, you feel tranquility all around. the staff is attentive, professional and extemely pleasant.
That's why I go back so frequently!!

1 Thank laviajera498
“Exceptional Service”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Never a doubt the service at Hyatt Regency Trinidad is up to par, the same goes for the service at Spa Esencia. From making the appointment to the time I left I was treated very well. The treatment and care I received from the staff and the service was worth it. Thank you and will be coming back again.