“Wedding Venue”

Jaffa at the Oval
Ranked #4 of 170 Restaurants in Port of Spain
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Jaffa Restaurant can be found on the 2nd Floor of the Pavilion of the world famous Queen's Park Oval. Featuring weekday International Lunch Buffet service, English Afternoon Tea on Wednesdays and Sunday Brunch. Jaffa is also available for private events such as but not limited to: birthday/engagement parties, baby showers, weddings, conferences, cocktail receptions. We also offer nationwide catering services. The owner is also the Executive Chef ensuring personal attention to every detail from planning to execution of your event. No matter how small or how large let Jaffa take care of all your catering needs.
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We recently attended a wedding here. The entrance to the building belies the upscale ambiance of the restaurant. It was extremely comfortable for the approx. 120 guests including a small dance floor. The service was great as was the selection and quality of food served.

1  Thank patooks

Reviewed June 24, 2013

from appetizers to desserts you would enjoy and return for more. one of the best chefs in the world is at your service.

2  Thank steveAD1955
Reviewed June 12, 2013

The ambience was great with comfortable seating and the service was good. Their lunch menu is an extensive buffet. A soup was offered as a starter after which there was a wide display of salads. The starches, vegetables and meats were very well prepared and very tasty. I especially enjoyed my roasted beef at the carvery. After which I had a wide choice of beautiful and tasty desserts. My overall experience was a good one and I think great value for money. I will definitely visit again.

2  Thank Gail S
Reviewed May 30, 2013

If you haven't checked out their lunch buffet, you probably should!
Although it seems to gently increase each and every year with inflation (way to be one up on the economy J.Browne) , the buffet price is definitely worth it. There is usually at least 3-4 selection of meats varying from chicken, pork, lamb, fish , beef to a wide range of appetizers and tidbits. Their mussels are some of the best I have ever eaten on this planet, and I think if you're a fan like me the entire cost (probably $200 by now) is worth it alone!

The deserts are also tastefully done, and the staff overseen by Karlene and Andre do a brilliant job of keeping up with guests. I am a stickler for good customer service, and Jaffa is probably one of 2 restaurants I have never had a major issue. Way back in 2009 I did have a minor concern that was handled promptly by the owner to my satisfaction.
Karlene and Andre do a fine job of keeping clients happy, and the staff overall are warm and inviting.

The consistency of their food has varied of late, probably due to sou chef changes? But rest assured when J.Browne is in the kitchen everything is up to par.

They also have a really worthwhile sunday lunch!

1  Thank DM-Review
mayumi007, Owner at Jaffa at the Oval, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2013

Thankyou for taking the time to write a review. Your kind comments will be passed on to both Karlene,Andre and the rest of the Jaffa team. I would like to point out that the lunch buffet has been held at TT$ 190 for two years now and hope to keep it under TT$ 200 for at least the next two years. We look forward to greeting you again soon at Jaffa.
Thankyou,
Joe Brown, Exec Chef, CEO.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

I had Sunday bunch, the selections where plenty and the environment was warm and friendly. Me being a semi vegetarian found it disappointing that for main course fish and chips was my only option, as I was not in the mood for it and it didn't look that great l took everything else I could eat instead. The taste was good but not mind blowing as for my GF she seem to enjoy it more as she had no limitations. Must say the restaurant offers a nice view and the cheesecake is worth a trip again from me, ate so much of it I lost count, my GF had to cut me off..lol

mayumi007, Owner at Jaffa at the Oval, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Thankyou for taking the time to write this review.We are always happy to make additional dishes for vegetarians or those with dietary restrictions.Just ask your server. Also please note our menus change with every meal period and on other days there will be more seafood options.Thanks again for your visit and we look forward to serving you again.
Joe Brown.