“Bad Service at Movietowne Branch”
Review of Ruby Tuesday

Ruby Tuesday
Ranked #121 of 168 Restaurants in Port of Spain
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 2, 2014

The food at this restaurant is delicious. The only downfall is the sad excuse they have for staff there. Their attitude is terrible. My initial waitress was okay however, there was a young man who came to our table after we had eaten and asked if we needed anything. We asked him for our bill and a box to take away some food as one of our party had not even eaten half of her meal (burger and fries) as well as some shrimp. He took the food away to where I assumed he would put the food into a box for us which is the normal practice in some restaurants. After waiting about 15 minutes there was no sign of this young man. We asked for him. Then he came back and said that he misunderstood and threw our food away. He offered us a desert as though this could compensate for the food. I asked him that he bring us a burger to compensate for what was clearly his error. He then offered us two mini burgers as though this compensate. I then told him that I wanted the same kind of burger. He and the manager then reluctantly came and said they will prepare one for us. They eventually brought it after a good wait. When I opened the box guess what, exactly half a burger in the box with a few fries. I should have asked them for the shrimp too, but then again it might have been taken out of the bin. These lowly minded people need some training in good customer service.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

We went to Ruby Tuesday on Boxing Day and the service was disappointing. I understand and empathize with the frustration that goes along with having to work on a public holiday. However, this is a popular restaurant, and having been in operation for several years, one would think the management and staff would be better prepared to handle the expected holiday rush of customers. The greeter (not sure if that's the official title) who took us to our table was surly. The wait staff seemed disorganized; our table fell victim to this, which made the entire experience disappointing. Franchises like these will always be popular because they are convenient and open on public holidays; the owners and managers have absolutely no incentive therefore to ensure their staff continuously delivers a high standard of service. I wouldn't be surprised if someone else experienced an amazing level of service on the exact same day I was there. So customers who choose to continue eating here never know what to expect, the only constant being that they have to pay for it, with service charge added even if the service is terrible. I would strongly suggest that as a paying customer, you take your business elsewhere until this franchise proves it is committed to respecting the people who make them successful.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

I went to this place on Sunday November 10th. I was working and this restaurant in one of the few that are open on Sundays.
I was wearing work clothes. I was seated in a hidden corner of the restaurant, waited for over 20 minutes for somebody to take my order without any luck. I tried to talk to somebody but nobody passed by. Restaurant was almost empty.
I opted to leave the place without getting any service.
This is not the first time I've been in this place and usually they don't like it when you wear work clothes or speak spanish as myself. Service never has been good but the food is acceptable.
This last time I felt discriminated.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

The atmosphere is relaxing at the grand bazaar location.The food is good better than expected.The sevice is fair.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Ruby Tuesday's downfall in Trinidad is definitely the Staff. They are always grumpy, ill mannered and straight out LAZY. For those accustomed with getting your drinks refilled don't hold your breath, but look around and you would see them standing idly by.
Also if you have a problem and you insist on service be sure if you are about to pay with a credit card they will ID you. Look around and you will observe that the ID thing is not a hard fast policy.
Managers there are a waste of time, don't bother. These people are not even suitable to work at KFC.

1  Thank Markphillip1