“Amazing!”

House of Jaipur Indian Tea Room
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I literally felt as though I was in India for a few hours! The ambiance of the place is incredible. I definitely recommend it to anyone that loves teas, such a wide organic variety available, or anyone that wishes to experience a true Indian culture. It's also quite affordable depending on what you get, I usually go to have tea with friends, but any other setting would be appropriate. Quick tip, make a reservation before since it does have a small room accommodation available.

1  Thank Krissy S
There are newer reviews for House of Jaipur Indian Tea Room

Reviewed November 16, 2013

OMG!!!! These people are so wonderful, the food is great, service is ....well....let's say that you don't feel like a stranger...they make you feel so comfortable. Saturday lunch was a treat, afternoon tea was just a nice.....Go and experience this place. It is more affordable than you think. And the experience is so relaxing.....you leave smiling....

1  Thank Alisa W
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Have been here several times and love it. A great place to meet up with friends and have a bite. Lovely setting and it is almost as though one is transported to India. LOVE the selection of teas and obviously, because it is a tiny place the menu cannot be extensive, but what they do offer is very VERY good quality. I have had the best Dosa outside India.

1  Thank TrinidadDiana
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I just had lunch at this place. I called in advance and spoke to a very nice lady (think her name was "Jen".) The place is a little difficult to find if you don't know where you are going, and parking on that street is atrocious, so call and ask for directions. Jen was nice enough to let me park inside their compund.

The place is nice, both a store and a eating place. Seemed cramped...but my wife & I didnt mind. Jen was very nice, greeted us, seated us and was just generally being a nice hostess. After ordering, we walked around in the store area. The food was a bit on the high side price wise, but still withing reason.The store items though..are over-priced & ridiculously expensive. The novelty of the items may be what is driving the prices, but in my opinion it still isnt justified. Having been to the streets of Colaba in Bombay, I also have an idea of the prices you can get these for there...and the mark up is obscene.

The food tasted wonderful. They gave us some small chips and papadums to start with, along with their specialty jams. It tasted great, and the service was great & exceptional. When leaving we decided to get a bottle of their specialy jams, which was advertised for $30. I ended up paying $55, and didnt check my bill properly. It just cemented the realisation that this place is over-sharging people.

All in all, I would recommend visitng it...but dont expect any value for money.

3  Thank Rushil44
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I'm really into authentic Indian food so after hearing about this place I knew I had to try it. When I walked up to this nondescript location I didn't know what they had in store for me but as I walked in I felt as though I was transported onto the streets of India (at least some Bollywood version that I've seen on tv,lol). What a beautiful set up they have! My mom and I walked through the boutique (VERY expensive items) before we sat down in the tea room.
Location: Not easily seen from the street. You really need to know where you are going. Parking is on the street
Decor: Beautiful fabrics and furniture from India
Food: DELICIOUS is an understatement. If you love Indian food, you would love it here. We also had a blended drink made with soda and some type of spice- try that.
Service: ammmmmmm I guess it wasn't the worst service I've had in T'dad. The servers seemed a bit haughty and condescending but we didn't let that bother us too much.
Price: Avg price restaurant i guess. Good value for money