“Thank You Thank You Thank You.....”

The Waterfront Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 166 Restaurants in Port of Spain
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Trinidad
“Thank You Thank You Thank You.....”
Reviewed October 6, 2010

Since moving back to T&T, this was the third time that I visited. Although we had to wait for a table, this visit was as good as the first two and that was great. I cannot recommend any particular dish as they have all been delicious. The service is impeccable as well. The food is very creative and attractively presented. The menu has something to please everyone in unexpected ways. One of my previous visits included Sunday Brunch and this is definitely the best brunch on island. If you have a chance to sit outside take them up on the offer. The view is stunning and so relaxing.

1 Thank smithkj123

• Czech first
Cypress, Texas
“great food...long lines..”
Reviewed August 10, 2010

get there early...the lines can be outrageous... but the food and staff are above average! not the best value but the food was well worth the extra added price.

2 Thank MissDivaD
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Best service on the entire island--and the ambiance ain't too shabby.”
Reviewed August 8, 2010

I was a guest at Hyatt Regency for 10 days in March 2010. The Waterfront restaurant is where I had breakfast, most lunches and dinner. It's the dinner service that I am most compelled to boast about. My diet is confined to seafood, foul and vegetarian selections. The menu is best captioned as fusion cooking, a bit American, a bit Caribbean, nothing is too spicy. The callaloo soup, jumbo coconut shrimps and crab legs with curry dumplins are my favorites but they're not always on the rotating menu. I had the duck with mashed potatoes topped with a wine reduction-drenched pear three nights. This entree, like many of the desserts, is a modest and satisfying serving with an elegant presentation. The salmon, which I had a couple nights, is satisfying but not highly memorable. Each night the highlight and show-stealer of my dinner was the dessert. OMG!! Fine art on a plate that never failed to complete the meal and melt my heart.

3 Thank SeafoodSalad
port of spain
“Smelly meal”
Reviewed October 29, 2009

Having stayed and eaten at the Hyatt we were keen to take my daughter there for a meal . We went there on a Saturday as they usually have a singer which creates a nice atmosphere .
On this occasion having been seated at a lovely table the smell from the water was awful and the singers voice was mixed with the piped music that continued to be played throughout .
The service as usual is superb here and it was only my daughters enthusiasm for eating outside that kept me there . I would think twice about eating there now .
The food is very good but they need to do something about the outside restaurant , and would recommend eating inside .

2 Thank JackieO07PortOfSpain