“An evening at the Hyatt.”

The Waterfront Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 168 Restaurants in Port of Spain
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed July 9, 2013

First of all let me say that this is just a review on evenings spent in the Waterfront Bar. I was looking for a nice place to get some desert and my hubby suggested the Hyatt. Firstly, the ambiance is unbelievably soft, sexy and there was a gentle breeze always coming from off the ocean. There were no bugs to bother you and the flambeaus gave off the best light for any woman to look beautiful in. I had the cheesecake with a glass of port and my hubby had a mochachino. My Dows Ruby was divine and I have to admit that that cheesecake was pretty damn good. My hubby didnt like his mocha nor his capachino that he tried the other time we went. But drinks are subjective to taste, so I can't say negative things about that. My only suggestion is that they have at least one coffee drink that can be served to persons who just want a hint of coffee but not that intense coffee taste. Overall, the service was excellent. I am sorry that I can't remember their names but I will try to get them and post an update. They were knowledgeable about the food and drinks and they moved as a team. Very commendable. The singers that we listened to on both occasions were wonderful. Just the right amount of volume to hear them clearly but we could still hold a good conversation. A new tradition has been started and I hope to continue to go by the Hyatt on Sunday evenings and enjoy my sinful desert time.

1  Thank diahhinds

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I think the Hyatt staff must be rating this place.

Over priced and totally underwelming.

Very busy on a Sunday morning for brunch, but why?

A la carte is very substandard for the prices they charge and the buffet at any other time apart from Sunday has a very poor selection.

Even while staying at the hotel I did anything not to eat here. You could get a taxi somewhere else eat beeter and taxi back cheaper!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Had a breakfast brunch which was a nice mixture of local and foreign breakfast items. Will definitely go again

Reviewed June 24, 2013

food is quite good but the quantity could be more for the price.it is very scenic, nice place to take your partner.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

This is a very nice place for a Sunday brunch. The all you can eat buffet brunch is not exactly cheap, but the quality of the food is excellent, as well as the service. Overall, definitely worth it...!