“Nice ambiance”

The Waterfront Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 168 Restaurants in Port of Spain
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Great for just relaxing, watching the ocean, and sipping a beverage, while listening to live music. The deserts are tasty. I bit on the pricy though, but what do you expect for dining at a first class hotel?

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Though we were staying at the Hilton we opted to try the Hyatt. Our dinner experience was so good that we returned two nights later. Not an easy choice considering Carnival traffic ate on patio which was nice but the very dark night Reduced the impact. Our waitress, Jumillia, was very pleasant and helpful. The difference in training and supervision of the personnel between the Hyatt and Hilton was dramatic.
One adverse comment however relates to the location and signage. Unless one was familiar with the location and access to the hotel in might be impossible to find. One has to drive down an unmarked street/alley in an otherwise industrial area in order to find the unmarked access to the garage. The first numerous levels of the garage were all reserved for the government workers in the adjacent office building that share the garage. We finally gave up and parked in one of the numerous empty reserved spaces. Fortunately our rental car was not towed.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

From start to finish my experience was great. One of my best customer services I have ever received!!!

2  Thank Ato A
Reviewed January 26, 2013

The staff here are unbelievable! Service is their business and they always treat everyone like a VIP! They have indoor and outdoor seating (Beware: smoking is allowed at the outdoor tables). Their buffet meals are always beautifully prepared...good presentation! They have a good variety of food as well and if you're not keen on eating off the buffet they always have their menu items to fall back on! Bon Appetite!!!

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I assume most of the people who review are locals but once you have experienced it this is very much a decent, no frills hotel restaurant experience. Its not spectacular. Whoever owns Hyatt obviously spent alot of money with the marble floors and the Al fresco dining etc.

The sushi really is nothing exceptional but it gets rave reviews. Its OK, possibly good but I got lots of 'hard rice' and some 'sea' smelling fish. The burger was almost $20 US and it was at best 5/10! And way overcooked. If I order medium and I get Med well im not gonna fuss but I got it cooked dry!

All in all it was a decent night but same as Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton etc in USA. My hosts said try the breakfast buffet its amazing....may do so and update!