“An alternative Italian experience”
Review of Angelo's

Angelo's
Ranked #9 of 165 Restaurants in Port of Spain
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“An alternative Italian experience”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

This was my first time at Angelo. I was told to order the chef's special (rack of lamb, serve with a port sauce if I recall correctly), made to specification. It was served with a side of herb tossed potatoes and vegetables (broccoli and carrot). On tasting the first mouthful I was really impressed. The flavours were Italian but with a Trinidadian spin. The herb combination used with the potatoes and vegetables were subtle yet satisfying. Potion size of the side dish was ample.
After the meal it was dessert time and I was really treated with the dessert trolley! I tried the Sicilian cheesecake and found it rather pleasant, it hit the spot on the sweet level (not high, not low but just right).
I would say that the overall dining experience was great. Also the waiter was very friendly and informative. It's a nice location for a family occasion or couples. I highly recommend it, and yes would visit again when I get the opportunity.
Note: The dress code is meant to be somewhat formal, though no suit and tie required. No shorts or slippers allowed.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank batu_travel

Port of Spain
“Value for Money”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This restaurant has a very good lunch menu. The food is well prepared and tasty. The experience is very good

Visited November 2012
Chaguanas, Caroni, Trinidad and Tobago
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food and service”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Hands down my favourite restaurant in Port-of-Spain. The food was amazing and the service was excellent. The portions are really great as well. No complaints whatsoever.

“Great Italian experience”
Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

Took my boyfriend to lunch for his birthday today at Angelo's. was just as I had remembered fine dining, excellent prices. However the service was not up to par. Usually I receive great service there,however today we had to literally beg the server to refill our water glasses. I had the seafood linguini and my jumbo shrimp was a bit undercooked. Added to that the wine came after I had almost reached the end of my meal. Obviously I wasn't pleased. However it was noted that the restaurant was cramped as a lot of customers made reservations that day. So in their defense maybe the crowd was way to thick for the number of servers present! Chef Angelo was a delight as usual mingling with his guests during the meal. All in all definitely a restaurant I would recommend, probably for dinner though

Till next time!

1 Thank abzrasta
Trinidad
“The best italian food”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

All I can say: The best authentic Italian food made by an Italian chef on the island. The servings are hefty and the service is really good and knowledgeable. A great wine list and dessert selection also available. Excellent value for money.

Visited March 2012