“Good food but overpriced”
Review of Angelo's

Angelo's
Ranked #9 of 168 Restaurants in Port of Spain
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Very very nice food but also very overpriced. What you get is good but too expensive .Past a is easy to make, not expensive and the sauces are reasonable to make, so, where does the price come from.We had a glass of wine for 2 of us and a main dish of Alfredo with chicken and spent over $60US mmmmmmm

Reviewed August 13, 2012

I celebrated my birthday with dinner at Angelo's. The place has a nice ambiance. Inside is a bit small but cozy. The outside dining is great since you have a view of the Avenue and all the activities.
The food was delicious and the service was excellent! We did not have to wait long between orders. The waiter was most attentive and ensured that we got service when needed.The Head Chef (who I believe to be Mr. Angelo himself) came to each table and mingled a bit.This was much appreciated, since he sought feedback on our experience at the restaurant.
The prices are quite reasonable and you get value for money.This restaurant offers one of the best Italian foods I've had and I will definitely dine here again.

1  Thank ProudTrini
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Went to Angelo's for my birthday. Took a table outside - i liked the open-air atmosphere and looking out onto the Avenue. I thought inside was a little crowded, and didn't want to be super close to other diners.

Ordered pasta with shrimp - so yummy!
getting hungry just thinking about it - lol

Service was great - the waitstaff were attentive and helpful.
I'd definitely recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Angelo's has some of the best Italian food in Port of Spain, hands down. The wine selection is fairly good, the price is decent and you do not have to wait forever between courses. These aspects are wonderfully complemented by the quality service.

I must admit that despite these goodie-points, I can't say that I care much for the Colonial style building, hollow sounding wooden floors and that niggling feeling that I may be the youngest person to enter their doors on any given night...but that's just me.

Bottom line: as long as you're dining preference (experience wise) is along the lines of 'super-low-key-no-bells-and-whistles-very- vanilla-fine-dining' I am certain you will appreciate Angelo's.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

Celebrated my husband's birthday with dinner at Angelo's. The service was excellent, very friendly staff! The stuffed mushrooms with crab was good and the seafood risotto was tasty! My husband also got a complementary cheesecake for his birthday which was also good! Had a great experience!