“Fantastic italian food. Reasonable prices. Pleasant staff. Recommended!”
Review of Angelo's

Angelo's
Ranked #5 of 178 Restaurants in Port of Spain
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 16, 2011

We ate here during a recent trip to Port of Spain. The restaurant is situated on "the Avenue" one of the main nightlife areas in Port of Spain. We were warmly greeted on arrival by the maitre'd. We hadn't made a reservation (recommended that you do as Angelo's does get rather busy) but, we were able to wait on the porch with a cold Carib beer until a table became available. We only had to wait 15 minutes but, the wait was worth it. The menu is a pizza free italian one. You are spolit for choice. I selected melon and parma ham (enough ham to feed a family!) and a penne arrabiatta. It was extremely tasty and served quickly to us by a wonderfully warm waitress. Accompanying the meal was some of the house garlic bread which was also delicious. At one point the chef popped out to say hi and was very friendly. We didn't have a dessert although it was very tempting as they had a very well stocked dessert trolley. Overall the meal was fantastic and not too expensive (£30 per head) although we didn't have wine, rather the local carib beer.

Reviewed February 14, 2011

Good food, good service and wonderful atmosphere. Rack of lamb to die for. Only minus was the dessert menu, which had pictures....perhaps snobbery, but pictures mean bought in and therefore not special in any way. However, cannot detract from a wonderful night in a wonderful setting. 1,400 TT (about 140 pounds for two - with two bottles of good wine)

2  Thank LondonLynnA
Reviewed December 12, 2010

No where else in this country could you find itallian food as good as angelos. Every restaurant has its moments,and days,but overall you can b sure to always recieve a warm smile and a friendly atmosphere.This is d real deal

Reviewed November 27, 2010

I normally love Angelo’s but my last experience there will make me think twice of going again. I was there about two weeks ago, I made reservation for 7:30pm when my fiancé and I got there we were told it had a mix up with our reservation and we will have to wait for a table. Supposedly the wait would be 15 minutes, that 15 minutes turned into 1 hour! Angelo’s gave us drinks on the house but I mean 1 hour for a table when we had reservation! Then the service at the table was poor! Our waitress was not in the best mood! They were packed but at the end of the day isn’t that what they are trained for? I couldn’t even enjoy my dinner because I was no longer hungry after that long wait. When our meals arrived they were sent to the wrong table! What a waitress! I asked for a bottle of water and was given a glass of filtered water. I’ve been to Angelo’s a numerous amounts of times but this was my first bad experience. I think it will be a while before I have dinner at Angelo’s again!

4  Thank rimchick
Reviewed October 31, 2010

Was by Angelo Tuesday,i loved the mix seafood plate!