“celebration dinner”

Prime
Ranked #19 of 164 Restaurants in Port of Spain
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
pos
“celebration dinner”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

This place is impeccable when it comes to service.....I recently celebrated my 10 year anniversary and decided we would have dinner at Prime......excellent choice!!! From the first call that I made to reserve I was impressed, after answering all of my questions, I was asked if I was celebrating a special occasion.....Might I say that I have called around in several restaurants and no one even bothered to ask me that!! This showed me these folks were all about SERVICE.....
The food was exceptional, the wait staff PERFECT with every little detail and then our dessert.....hmmmmm......they went out of their way to prepare something special for us without us even knowing or ordering......Prime I love your service!!!! I promise to be back.....

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank jninePos

Port of Spain, Trinidad
“The Grand Lady keeps Going!”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Back in town again and it was back to Prime. Tuesday night of a Holiday week, the place had maybe 20 people BUT like the truly classy joint it is, it was still spot on.

After 7years (is it more??) the little things about Prime are what make it the best place in Trinidad. You go to the bathroom and come back you have fresh settings and your napkin has been re-done. The label of the wine bottle ALWAYS faced me, even after every pour (as I selected it), table scraping happened without us even recognizing and ladies orders were taken AND placed first every time without effort!

Not to mention the food. The steaks are some of the best I have had anywhere, and the seafood is extremely high quality and well prepared. More than this though are the side dishes, which is what makes or breaks a steakhouse. Their Creamed Spinach is by far the best I have EVER had and the truffle mac n'cheese is so unique.

This place has not lost the touch at all even after so many years and even on a slow night where Restaurants tend to slip up they were absolutely Aces, in every regard. This is the mark of a great establishment

Trinidad's best all round? No doubt in my mind.

Polish up the Gold card and give it a whirl. Tell Debra Mike from Houston sent you!

• Visited August 2013
Orcheta, Spain
“Excellent but pricey!”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We where met at the door of the restaurant by a big smile from Debra. One of our group was delayed but she knew him well as he had booked the table. A nice glass of iced water with strawberries in it was very welcoming! A basket of freshly baked bread cob was put on the table with top quality butter! We decided not to have any starter as we wanted to try the 23 oz Cowboy Rib-Eye Steak. Cooked to perfection, and a excellent piece of steak, maybe one of the best I have ever had in my life! There is a saying "you get what you pay for" this certainly is the case at Prime. Will certainly be going back there, that's for sure. If you decide to go make sure you take your credit card with you. Thanks to Debra and all her staff once again.

• Visited July 2013
“Pricey”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I dont eat beef so I had few choices. I had their crab cake (nice) and lunch sandwiches (bland). Their desserts and mushrooms are delightful an service exceptional! I will try rack of lamb next! Good service!

• Visited August 2012
Trinidad
“Best in Trinidad, bit pricey!”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Prime is probably the best in terms of all round service, consistency and quality of food. I'm a regular, and Debra and the staff are always warm , inviting and take that little extra interest in their guests. Many restaurants can try and emulate this service model.

Dinner for 2 with desert might run you between $800-$1500 depending on what your purchase, but it's definitely an experience you will want again! The food is consistency good (a big plus for any restaurant),and I have never had a reason to complain of poor service or horrible food in dozens of late night dinners. The settle is well done, very chic and is business friendly and couples friendly simultaneously.

You could not ask for a better dining experience anywhere in Trinidad, and Prime is certainly one of the finest restaurants I've head the pleasure of dining in. I've been to gourmet restaurants in europe that can take a page out of their book.

My only pet peeve is the menu needs updating, one can only eat the same thing so many times before it gets boring (Hope chef is reading).

Be prepared to pay, but money well spent.

• Visited May 2013