“Bess Restaurant ever”

Il Colosseo
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 23, 2011

i dont know much about restaurants but i know that this place was the best i ever had

There are newer reviews for Il Colosseo

Reviewed October 16, 2010

I have been to this restaurant on many occasions and have always enjoyed it. I love the mussels and the seafood dishes. Not to mention the desserts are amazing. I really appreciate the private homely setting of the restaurant and I till this day consider this to be my favorite restaurant in Trinidad (trust me I am an avid restaurant tester).

I will say however, on one occasion I ordered my usual Virgin pina colada and it really was not up to standard despite me sending it back to be adjusted. Upon bringing it to their attention the second time however they apologized and offered us complimentary desserts as we ordered substitute drinks. I applaud the way they handled the dissatisfaction and I till this day have not held it against them and I am certain that they would have made the necessary adjustments to the drink.

1  Thank NCrich
Reviewed July 10, 2010

Went mid week with a friend, not crowded. Service as poor, no Amuse or bread offered while waiting on order.
When the order was received it was not presented correctly.

1  Thank Advtrini
Reviewed June 28, 2010

I've been to this restaurant twice over the past month and have had mixed experiences. The first visit was with my wife for dinner on a Thursday night. The first experience was wonderful, the wait staff were very attentive, the chef cooked my meal to perfection. My complaint about the creme brulee was met with many apologies and it was removed from the final bill. The second visit was with wife and two teenage children on a busy Saturday night. We had to wait approximately 25 minutes in the lobby before anyone attended to us. I had to resort to calling the restaurant to inform them that I was in the lobby. Suffice to say the wait staff were not as attentive as the first visit. The food was overdone, the overall experience being slightly unpleasant. I would recommend this restaurant only for non busy nights, definately a no go on the weekends.

1  Thank trinidentist01
Reviewed June 21, 2010

One of my top five every time I have to go to POS.
The Riotta pasta is amazing and served at the table, they have genuine Italian antipasti, it reminds me of a vacation in Siccilia at the Mediterranean Sea, I had seafood antipasti just like the serve in this restaurant.
Service is beyond expectations, very friendly and always anticipating our needs...
Went there with my wife and business partners.
My wife thinks bathrooms are looking old fashion for a Fine Dinning Restaurant.

1  Thank JeanAntoine