“Calm...minutes away from the hustle and bustle!”

Ranked #12 of 104 things to do in Trinidad
More attraction details
Owner description: This peaceful community of monks, one of the oldest in the Caribbean, has a guesthouse for visitors.
Reviewed March 18, 2012

The "Mount" as is the customary local name given to the Monastery is as relaxing as can be just minutes away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. You can also go for afternoon tea which is an awesome experience... simple yet exquisite.

2  Thank SAM62

Reviewed January 3, 2012

The drive to get there, first of all was amazing and enjoyable. The monastery itself was even more amazing! It was large and perfect to explore!

2  Thank Anna B
Reviewed May 14, 2009

My visit to Mt. St. Benedict 3 weeks ago was very rewarding. I visited the Monastery, the gift store, the resturant and more. I also spoke to brother marius and we prayed together. I felt refresh as though I got a complete turn-around for the better. The Monastery itself is huge, beautiful and very holy. I wore a long dress with long sleve with slippers on my feet and as I walked in I felt very light on my feet, my heart was pure as I fell on my knees in prayer. This is a must see and must do for everyone young and old who is going on vacation to trinidad. I thank GOD for taking me there, my sister and brother-in-law for giving me the inspiration.

10  Thank jslater239
Reviewed April 3, 2009

For our 1st time here, we stayed for a mid-day hymn and prayer service but did not tour the grounds extensively as we were pressed for time. All previous reviews are correct, so this review will be to share a few photos of what it's like here.

4  Thank cmb2
Reviewed May 5, 2008

I was born in Trinidad and Tobago and Mount St Benedict has always been a place of special significance to us all - It is one of the most peaceful and tranquil places on the Island- There is a refrectory there which is very clean, hygenic and the staff is friendly and helpful. Refreshments can be purchased there and the views from the mountain is superb. As it is such a high point it is very cool and the bird life, flora and fauna is excellent. A must see if you enjoy a restful tranquil and beautiful surroundings.

3  Thank trinbabe